Welcome to the rum soaked fist!

Official postings from the admins and moderators. Report bugs and make forum improvement requests here as well.

Welcome to the rum soaked fist!

Postby nianfong on Mon May 12, 2008 1:43 am

if you want to continue a thread from the old forum, please copy it (text only), and paste it into your first post for the thread here.
step 1) open thread from previous forum.
step 2) click the "reply" button
step 3) select the entire post summary, and hit Ctrl-C (copy)
step 4) start new topic here
step 5) paste entire post summary as first post of new topic. split into 2 or 3 posts as necessary, to keep within 60,000 char limit.
step 6) Using your browser's "Find" function, find all instances of "Posted by:" and select each entire line of text naming the posters. then press the Bold button up top. We'll look into adding hotkeys for these like Ctrl-B, Ctrl-I, etc. This helps make the threads more readable.

new features:
1) phpBB3, overall new interface
2) youtube embedding with youtube button. paste the ENTIRE youtube URL, and click the youtube button.
3) new smilies >:@ -nuke- -toast- @@@ O:) and others

-The Staff
Ashe, DeVere, Felipe, Fong, Tom, and XXXXX (yep, he's back)

PS Felipe and DeVere are still hanging around but they're leaving most of the work to the rest of us ;)
PPS the staff will promote you to "great old one" status as we see you, but you can also request great old one status yourselves in your UCP, and the group leaders can approve your addition to the group. right now the group conveys no special features or anything, it just says you've been around a long time. we probably won't change that, but we might do something with it later.
Last edited by nianfong on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Re: Welcome to the rum soaked fist :)

Postby nianfong on Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:55 pm

NOTE: We here at the rumsoakedfist have ABSOLUTELY NO AFFILIATION with the Red Leaves forum at ef . net.
Last edited by nianfong on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Re: Welcome to the rum soaked fist!

Postby xxxxx on Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:27 am

About the forum name (posted by Walter Joice on Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:15 am):

Back about 10 years ago the forum members were playing around with screen names. We knew each other to a certain extent and I like to think I have a way with words. (seeing as that's how i make my living its not completely delusional). I dubbed myself the lohan lawyer and the first thing that came to mind when I thought of Felipe (you know, he's leader of the wolf pack that has kept this web site going for God knows how long after our spiritual leader the Great Devere created this web space) was the Rum Soaked Fist, given his impeccable taste in beverages and his affinity for all things hsing I.

So that's the basis for it genius (yes that is how the word is spelled, see I told you I was good with words).

As for what outsiders think of the name... well who really cares. I thought at the very least I'd explain the genealogy to you.

8-)

(copied from this thread)
xxxxx
Global Moderator

Re: Welcome to the rum soaked fist!

Postby nianfong on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:44 am

As of Saturday, 5/30, we have implemented admin activation for all new member accounts. We have had a recent influx of spambots posting to the forum, and we are quelling that.

to that end, any REAL USERS MUST POST TO THE STYLES FIELD so that we know you are an actual person, and not another spambot. if you do not post to that field, we will likely not activate your acct.
nianfong
Administrator

Return to Official News and Communication