Feeling IP hits

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Feeling IP hits

Postby Ian on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:22 am

I got hit in the stomach. Felt a wave of force crash through my body, and then a secondary impact, like a timed explosion. This was when I got bucked off a horse and its head caught my stomach; the 'timed explosion' is commonly described as 'getting winded'.

Sorry to be snide, but unless you know the level of the person being struck, there's really very little you can infer.
Ian

Postby yusuf on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:34 am

Andy_S wrote:

For this reason, I'd be curious to know if anyone has been hit with these kinds of shots in sparring, rather than in demonstrations...?

yes
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby RobP2 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:19 am

Ian wrote:
Sorry to be snide, but unless you know the level of the person being struck, there's really very little you can infer.

True, and it's why I pointed out in my blog http://robpoyton.blogspot.com/2012/02/taking-hit.html what can be the parlour trick of the teacher hitting the student and getting all these great effects, where perhaps it would be more constructive to teach the student how to deal with those hits
Last edited by RobP2 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby liokault on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:27 am

yusuf wrote:
Andy_S wrote:

For this reason, I'd be curious to know if anyone has been hit with these kinds of shots in sparring, rather than in demonstrations...?

yes

Well, I'm convinced ::)
liokault
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:58 am

liokault wrote:
yusuf wrote:
Andy_S wrote:

yes

Well, I'm convinced ::)

well that ticks off one of my goals for today then ::)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby C.J.W. on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:42 pm

While being able to produce powerful and fantastic hits is certainly a useful tool to have, we might also want to consider their practicality in a live envrionment. Speaking from personal experience, one of the best internal hits I've ever experienced -- which felt like an electirfied needle piercing though my torso -- came from a local Fukien White Crane guy with 25+ years of experience who, to my surprise, later lost an one-on-one street fight against a small-time gangbanger at a night market.
Last edited by C.J.W. on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby Overlord on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:26 pm

C.J.W. wrote:While being able to produce powerful and fantastic hits is certainly a useful tool to have, we might also want to consider their practicality in a live envrionment. Speaking from personal experience, one of the best internal hits I've ever experienced -- which felt like an electirfied needle piercing though my torso -- came from a local Fukien White Crane guy with 25+ years of experience who, to my surprise, later lost an one-on-one street fight against a small-time gangbanger at a night market.

It also depends upon on how committed he wants to fight and did he take the initiatives to throw the first attack.
Combativeness is not equal how refine your skills you have or how good your fajing is, but sum of a lot of attributes.
:)

Over
Overlord

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan