practitioner finding help

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: practitioner finding help

Postby D_Glenn on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Ah that was 10 years ago and I'd went to China right after I met him and when I got back to CA, I up and moved back here to CO. I don't even remember his name. Sry.
One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Leishen on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:45 pm

Go to the xinyidao group.
You are very fortunate if you can have access in this kind of lineage.
Good che and dai xinyi is not easy to find, bagua and taiji too.
Don't worry about being too old (I wish I was 18, lol), mostly worry that people at your age don't have usually the patience to train in TCMA. I hope for you to have what it takes.
If you can train these kind of styles at that age you have to thank God for that (or Lao Tse FWIW, lol).....
Last edited by Leishen on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Leishen
Great Old One

Postby nexus01 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:17 pm

@Chris:
well i knew i was going to be more or less inevitably hammered down on my sensational-sounding question sooner or later. i just thought of putting enough of the information out there because personally to me, i just thought of it a serious matter, but i guess i was being too redundant, being more concise and direct could've possibly sounded better, and besides i've never been on any forum-related websites,nor do i just don't invest too much of my time on the computer at all. i just thought of it to be best if i asked a question, since the internet would treat me well on this matter, and was recommended to go to this forum, and have my questioned asked. For the TCM situation, i just didnt want look like a naive, narrow-minded dolt and anticipate it to rub the wrong way, so i thought many others could help me on that matter.

im hoping there's no hard feelings... right :-\ it was my mistake, im just new.
nexus01
Santi

Postby Chris McKinley on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:03 pm

LOL, nexus. You haven't been "hammered down" by anybody. If you were to be, it wouldn't be for your question, which isn't remotely sensational-sounding at all. In fact, it's quite run-of-the-mill. We have a whole forum called Request a Teacher dedicated to people asking just that very question. It's perfectly legitimate to ask about finding a teacher. It's not that you were being redundant, either. You're just so concerned with putting forth the perfect presentation that you're writing in almost a caricaturized way. Your sincerity is in danger of being overshadowed by needlessly stilted language.

Just so you know, if I knew of someone in L.A. proper who was both good and taught for free, I'd be glad to give you a recommendation, and I sincerely hope you find such a teacher. But do yourself a favor: you've proven that you're respectful and courteous and all that to us, so let your guard down and talk to us like you'd talk to any group of friends. Here's a hint: it'll make you look more sincere to converse like one of us rather than putting on the verbal pretense. There's no hard feelings....just stop worrying about being new and just be yourself.
Chris McKinley

Postby nexus01 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:41 pm

@ chris: you are cetainly right. when i immediately came on here, i wasn't being much too specific on posting the question on a certain section, i just simply posted it, without paying heed to the only section that does the actual teacher-finding for me. Well, i willl finally set this in the right motion, have it going in the right flow, and forget about the trivial mistake. I'll re-post it in the right fashion, and i'll be emphatically surprised in what many offer me. Much thanks, Chris, i'll leave the formalities behind and use them for something much more consequential. ;)
Last edited by nexus01 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nexus01
Santi

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:57 pm

Hello nexus welcome to the forum. Forums are like their own little clique in school, you just gotta be around awhile to get the nuances. Just relax and have fun.

As to asking a TCM teacher if he can point you towards some good IMA, if you are sincere they will probably be able to tell IMO. Just go in and ask.

Don't be afraid to look anybody up at their school in the phone book and give them a call either. Some martial artists are still in the stone age and don't have websites and stuff.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan