How do you defend against a knife

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: How do you defend against a knife

Postby Dmitri on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:08 pm

DiaitaDoc wrote:
klonk wrote:
Chris McKinley wrote:It helps with this tactic if I flip the grounds from the bottom of my little cup of Turkish coffee into his eye at the same time.

Hot drinks are great weapons.

I just thought of a great idea!
How about we take something like this:
which is just an innocent-looking foldable cup, and turn it into an awesome personal self-defense gadget that you can carry around in your pocket, where at a push of a button that cup instantly unfolds into shape via a simple spring-loaded mechanism, and a violent chemical reaction is initiated that instantly makes a boiling-hot cup of cappuccino that fills the cup from the soft plastic container wrapped around inside the enclosure, ready to be tossed into the eye of an unsuspecting knife attacker.

(Just kidding... this was not meant as a sarcastic put-down; I completely understand the value of using what you have nearby as a weapon or a distraction.)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby GaryR on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Sprint wrote:OK so I've got a foot long knife, both sides of it I can shave with and I keep it concealed under my forearm while wearing a jacket, so all I need to do to deploy it is tilt my forearm down: If I attacked you do you think you could disarm me and live?

Maybe, I would rather run given the chance, any prudent person would do so. Why a foot long knife concealed under a jacket? Are you some kind of paranoid gang-banger? ::)

G
GaryR

Postby Sprint on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:37 pm

GaryR wrote:
Sprint wrote:OK so I've got a foot long knife, both sides of it I can shave with and I keep it concealed under my forearm while wearing a jacket, so all I need to do to deploy it is tilt my forearm down: If I attacked you do you think you could disarm me and live?

......Why a foot long knife concealed under a jacket? Are you some kind of paranoid gang-banger? ::)

G

No because in a later post I said I was being flippant - you obviously did n't catch it. I was just starting a light hearted discussion about a serious subject. On the subject of a long knife concealed in the forearm of a jacket - that I have seen. He was a small guy, but looking at him you would know he was not carrying it for fun.
Sprint
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan