Stone Warrior vs. weights training

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Stone Warrior vs. weights training

Postby kal on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:47 am

Has anyone got any experience with the Stone Warrior strength program of Green Dragon studios?

I was wondering how this compares with doing weights training. Can you get the same benefits by following a weights program and using dumbbells, barbels and kettlebells?
kal
Santi

Re: Stone Warrior vs. weights training

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:19 pm

I'd say that you will get much stronger using the dumbbells, barbells and kettlebells. Hell, you can lift heavy vats of potato salad if that's all you got. Your body doesn't know the difference. I've heard that the various kinds of isometric resistance programs such as Stone Warrior are good to do but I don't see them being more beneficial to lifting heavy objects. Simply put, the weights will put more resistance on you than what you can do yourself.
Chris Fleming

Re: Stone Warrior vs. weights training

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:18 pm

For strength development, weights will get you further faster and with results you can maintain.

I don't know much about green dragons stone warrior, but I have been taught and practice various iron routines and there are geared towards conditioning and recovery.

different attributes.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan