Book 'Wu Style Fast Set' by MYL now in English

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Book 'Wu Style Fast Set' by MYL now in English

Postby stephen yan on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:06 pm

Yuen-Ming wrote:
stephen yan wrote:Why you so bitter about it ? it was my fisrt book , of cause lots of information about other styles of taiji was from the magazines i read over the years , i didn't have lots of experience by then(1989) , but at least it was the starting point for me for desciding to do research into other styles of taiji and it's history by meself.

Just reporting facts which, according to your reply above, are factually correct.

Take it easy: just like now you are saying "I did not have a lot of experience" you are going (hopefully) to think/say the same in a few years of your "thruth" of today.
Realize that and listen more to what people have to say, that's my suggestion.

YM

don't you worry , even in that 1998's book , the information i used from various magazine was only a small part of my book , and was after i diagested one , i wonder why didn't you come to some kind of conclusion after you had read them all ? or just because your comprehention was not to that level ? i felt very satisfied as my book in 1990's the conclusion i came with , was amayzingly same as today after all the new evidencs found by defferent people and places , so my direction was accurate , and doesn't need to be changed , yes , when my new book was published ,i will add in all those evidencs that i found during last 8 yaers.

by the way , shi mei lin is my ex-wife , i learned some forms from her ,and i also tauhgt her the very precious YIJINJING易筋经 ,which i learned from the only orthdox great master zhu yun fei 竺云飞and i havn't taought anyone yet apart from meilin ,there was nothing strange about we learn from each other.
Last edited by stephen yan on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
stephen yan
Huajing

Postby Andy_S on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:50 pm

I am surprised and dismayed that a thread which I find fascinating - and that has probably got more in-depth material in Taiji's history, masters and styles than any other thread on this forum - and that has the added interest of...
Stephen's various challenges with various masters;
Stephen's strongly contested and researched claim that the original Taiji of Yang Luchan is, in fact, alive and well;
And all this is on the verge of being published in the homeland of the art;
....has been derailed by personal attacks on both sides, not to mention by many people continually stating that the thread should die a death.

Has the art of rational argument been lost?

And is everyone here so satisfied with the Taiji status quo that they are unhappy to see the cart shaken?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:25 pm

I think what most are askin Andy is - DOES this really shake the cart?

Or is it just a re-hash of the "Taiji Status Quo" that you refered to?

I know nothing about Taiji and care even less, but it seems to me that much of this (the source of this, that is) is just re-playing tired old themes:

"mine is teh real - everyone else is just jealous - noone else got the goods" etc etc
Finny
Great Old One

Postby zep on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:23 am

Hmmm.. looks like Dr Stephen Yan's site is down. New Zealand Wu Tao Society, www.tai-chi.co.nz.
zep

Postby CaliG on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:47 am

I do not take every response from you personally. Only the ones in which you're trying to provoke or disparage me.

You had nothing to do with this war...enough said.
Last edited by CaliG on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaliG

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan