How would you fight a pitbull?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

How would you fight a pitbull?

Postby CaliG on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:13 pm

So you're walking down the street and pitbull attacks you or your dog.

What would you do?
Last edited by CaliG on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CaliG

Re: How would you fitgh a pitbull?

Postby chud on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Have you seen No Country For Old Men?
chud
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:46 pm

Pull out my knife and start cutting and stabbing, if it came at me I would give it my left forearm to bite while I got my knife out.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Royal Dragon on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:49 pm

You can also choke them out BJJ style.
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby Ben on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:02 pm

Put one of your hands on the back of its head and punch it to death with the other one.
Never confuse movement with action.
-Ernest Hemingway
Ben
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:04 pm

what happens if you just stand there? does the pitbull bite your leg, your knee, does it jump to your chest? does it go for a wrist? does it stand there thinking you over, looking for a threat? Wheres the owner? are more people around you or are you alone? are you trespassing? Who goes around walking a dog with a knife in the pocket?

I bet somewhere a pitbull is laughing at us while we mentally masturbate on such hypothetical and uncontrollable scenarios. :)

That said, i just hope i dont run into a pitbull. I saw No Country For Old Men.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:06 pm

I think i remember Ian Kuzushi pinching a nerve on a dog once and the dog went all WTF?!?! on the situation.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:09 pm

yet another awesome thread.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:15 pm

An old lady bit a pitbull that did exactly that to her dog. The pitbull ran away.

If biting is good for an old lady, it is good for me too.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Re: How would you fight a pitbull?

Postby JAB on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:47 pm

Shoot the fucker! -mg- -rockets- -snipe-
JAB

Postby JessOBrien on Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:58 pm

Beat the shit out of the owner with the dog attached to my leg.
-j
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:02 pm

Most people that get bit by pitbulls are bit because they are acting stupid (the people, not the dog). Statistically, there are more vicious poodles than there are vicious pitbulls, pitbulls just happen to be more effective. So give the breed a break, and rephrase the question to an attack by a vicious poodle, or perhaps a rottweiler, which is also not generally vicious, but when vicious can be highly effective.

This only applies if you're a person and not a dog-- pitbulls were bred to eat other dogs, so if a pitbull attacks your dog, it's because that's what it was evolved for, and also because it's owner is an idiot.

If another dog attacks your dog, in particular a medium or smaller sized dog (such as a pitbull), you can generally break it up by stepping over the back hips of the aggressive dog and immobilizing it's hips with your legs (dogs need their back legs for the head shake they use to kill things). Use your hands to grab the scruff of the dog's neck. If it's a pitbull or other powerful and tenacious dog, you may need a flat stick to wedge between it's gums behind the teeth and pry the jaw open. If you do not have a flat stick, rip the aggressive dog's owner's jaw off his face, break it in half, and use the flat jaw bone of the owner to pry open the jaws of the dog. This is together just, effective, and ironic, and probably the preferred solution in most circumstances.

Also, what kind of dipshit are you that you're out with your dog and didn't see that shit coming? If you've got a dog, you're responsible for it, so prevent that kind of nonsense from going down in the first place.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:23 pm

Josealb wrote:what happens if you just stand there? does the pitbull bite your leg, your knee, does it jump to your chest? does it go for a wrist? does it stand there thinking you over, looking for a threat? Wheres the owner? are more people around you or are you alone? are you trespassing? Who goes around walking a dog with a knife in the pocket?

I bet somewhere a pitbull is laughing at us while we mentally masturbate on such hypothetical and uncontrollable scenarios. :)

That said, i just hope i dont run into a pitbull. I saw No Country For Old Men.

I was thinking mostly along the lines of my dog being attacked by a pitbull.

I was thinking a sword would do the trick but as with the knife who carries a sword when walking the dog?

Ralph Gracie was attacked by a pitbull, the pit locked its jaw on him and he choked it out. The pitbull released its grip and Ralph spanked it (so the legend goes).

I'm favoring a blood choke so the dog will release its grip, but then again if the dog hasn't reached my dog already that means I'll be fighting dog directly and obviosly it isn't too smart to get that close to its jaw.

Maybe I should carry one of those batons, that's like a little stick but you can swing open like an antenna.
Last edited by CaliG on Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CaliG

Postby Elliot on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:29 pm

What if you are attacked by a pack of pitbulls, you know, in a "multiple canine opponent" situation?

My guess is you'd be forced to use Aiki.
Elliot

Postby edededed on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:33 pm

Thumb in the butt is what I always say.
edededed
Great Old One

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan