Sad news

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Sad news

Postby Ben on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:37 pm

Sorry man! All the best to you.
Never confuse movement with action.
-Ernest Hemingway
Ben
Great Old One

Postby Joe L. on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:36 pm

I wish you and your KF family the best during this time, and hope his memory is carried on through his teachings being pasted on to the next generation.
My condolences, man.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby jjy5016 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:08 pm

Thank you all for your kind words.

For those of you who are students of hard headed, traditional, die hard, ball breaking old Chinese men please do your best in convincing them to get their medical checkups. If they refuse then tell their wives. (Like westerners they would rather take a beating from another fighter than deal with a nagging wife) My teacher did not trust western medicine. I found out after his passing that he had been experiencing chest pains. A physical would have revealed correctable problems and saved his life.

There are not too many "old ones" left. Let's take every precaution to keep them around for as long as possible.

small John
"I kew evibady. I squeegee him - like dis. STAND me?"
I'm always careful to lift the seat when IP
jjy5016
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:12 am

My condolences. The condition of not going to a Western doctor when they should seems to appear in many old (and stubborn) martial artists - I can think of a couple of other examples. It's not limited to just martial artists though - men in general don't seem to be very good at going to the doctor, leading to very late diagnosis of curable conditions that have become more serious.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby fisherman on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:27 am

My condolences. Best to you, his family, and all those touched by your teacher.
It is truly sad to hear when a master passes and it should inspire us all to train with the intent of maintaining the systems that they so generously share with us.
Thank you to all who share so much and thank you to those of you who train to keep the CMA spirit alive.
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby fisherman on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:31 am

GrahamB wrote:My condolences. The condition of not going to a Western doctor when they should seems to appear in many old (and stubborn) martial artists - I can think of a couple of other examples. It's not limited to just martial artists though - men in general don't seem to be very good at going to the doctor, leading to very late diagnosis of curable conditions that have become more serious.

QFT - I was recently very lucky that my father finally decided to go into the hospital because things didn't feel quite right. I am so grateful that he went in when he did. They found a 86% blockage on one side of his heart and a 90% blockage on the other.
For your kids and other loved ones sake, please go to the doc if you think things are out of whack, especially if you have a history of illness in your family.
Sorry for the derail...
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:19 pm

my sincere condolences on your loss. i am also sorry i never got to meet him - from what i have heard he was a good teacher.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby dacheng on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:06 pm

Condolences.

Another sad news from yiquan circles - Cui Youcheng, disciple of Wang Binkui, passed away at beginning of this month in Beijing.
dacheng
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan