Realistic Combat Applications of IP

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Realistic Combat Applications of IP

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:08 am

When you get up in the internal studies you find that you train very large movement, and that's just it, it's training, in internal you find that the slightest movement creates room for the greatest power.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby bruce on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Chris McKinley wrote:. It makes me shake my head to see so much exclusionary emphasis placed on drills emphasizing foreknowledge and starting from contact like push hands, while in most cases absolutely no training at all is given to more dynamic situations.

What I have learned about push hands from my own practice is that it is a study in time, specifically the moment in time where contact is made in a confrontation.
bruce
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:35 pm

The split second where is given or taken, the advantage.
Before contact, there is only anticipation or initiation * cue the Clint Eastwood whistle *.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 am

Last edited by Doc Stier on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:06 am

Perhaps you might choose to provide some instead of posting cutesy sarcastic pictures. The former would be perfectly appropriate for this forum and this thread...the latter, not so much.
Chris McKinley

Postby nianfong on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:04 am

Doc, please keep your posts in this subforum on topic. thx.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Sarcasm aside, neither Doc nor Chris have contributed an application that pertains or offers to the discussion of this thread ???
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Wanderingdragon wrote:Sarcasm aside, neither Doc nor Chris have contributed an application that pertains or offers to the discussion of this thread ???

Quite so! But I didn't start this thread promising to deliver exactly that, did I? -shrug-
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:52 pm

That's funny....neither did I. I asked for contributions from posters who might wish to provide them. Unlike you, I've spent ten years talking about realistic combat exchanges on this forum. Now, are you going to do as you have been asked by the moderator or are you going to continue to defy the rules of this forum, offer absolutely nothing of value, and simply continue to cause trouble on a legitimate on-topic thread?
Chris McKinley

Postby Wanderingdragon on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:26 am

Well unfortunately, I am lead to believe, by the very sparse example of any "realistic" ip application offered by our vast membership on RSF, there is a lack of any true knowledge. Return to sarcasm, I will leave Doc to his mystical realm of true expertise as it is obvious he has left us far behind, and Chris must maintain his top secret status to protect his client base, so there is nothing to learn here. I prefer the mundane threads where people share experience anyway.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Chris McKinley on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:55 am

There's nothing hidden about anything I do, going back to when I used to do seminars nationally in the 90's. I've provided as much or more specific on-topic tactical discussion of realistic combat practices as anyone who has ever posted here. As the OP of the thread, I have asked for participation from other posters on the new forum, and with the general emphasis seeming to be about IP/IS, I have asked specifically for applications of the concept (as we each understand it) to actual fighting. Yes, it seems as if there isn't much participation, not only on this thread but on the new forum as a whole. Perhaps it was a momentary trend to talk IP with a lot of discussion of Dan Harden and what exactly he and his crew actually practice recently, and of course there's his call for a separate forum which spurred the creation of this one in the first place. Who knows? Only time will tell. If RSF posters want a separate forum for on-topic discussion that's a little better moderated, then this forum will be successful. If they decide they'd rather just continue to post their on-topic threads in the more general catch-all of the main forum, then that's how it will go. Either way is fine with me, I just thought I'd contribute a thread for the new forum which gets very much to the heart of the matter. It's up to the posters if and how much they'd like to contribute to it.
Chris McKinley

Postby Wanderingdragon on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 am

Leaders lead
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Chris McKinley on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:28 am

You know what? How about just like with Doc, you either contribute to the thread or just ignore it. Just as with him, I'm noticing that within all the complaints about not seeing anything topical, we've yet to see anything from you either.
Last edited by Chris McKinley on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris McKinley

Postby Wanderingdragon on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:35 am

Seems the curtain is drawn
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby jjy5016 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:50 am

Half step crushing fist from the Hebei 5 elements form:

In response to a left punch aimed at my body from my opponent's left fist (as I'm stepping forward with my left foot) my right forearm hits atop his left forearm grasping onto the point of contact by using a slight rounding of my spine causing the weight of my body to rest on the point of contact. Still sticking to my opponent's arm I drill clockwise with my right forearm while keeping pressure on the opponent's punching arm and transferring my weight onto my left leg. As my right leg follows I close at the left kua and straighten my spine as it rotates towards my opponent using the force of rotation, forward momentum and the straightening of the spine to drive my fist into the ribs or gut of my opponent. The use of the spine to clamp down on the point of contact and the drilling & sticking pulls an opponent off balance making it very hard to defend against the beng quan.
"I kew evibady. I squeegee him - like dis. STAND me?"
I'm always careful to lift the seat when IP
jjy5016
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan