Training in ZhaoBao village

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Training in ZhaoBao village

Postby Formosa Neijia on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:52 pm

Not that my wife and family would probably allow me to go, but has anyone trained at the ZhaoBao village? How about the school in this clip:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w1HEPffo3Xw

Any experiences with Zhaobao village?

Dave C.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Re: Training in ZhaoBao village

Postby Little Bai on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:59 pm

I may be mistaken, but I think that school is located in Xi'an. If I recall correctly, that is. The characters hung up in the school say something about shaanxi, so it would fit.
Little Bai
Mingjing

Postby Fubo on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:59 pm

Looks pretty cool - nice to see a TJQ school where the majority of practitioners look like their in good physical shape and are martially focused.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:10 am

My coach, who visits Chenjiagou twice a year told me (and I can't vouch for this - it may be Chenjiagou talk) that the provincial govt had banned public practice of Taiji in Zhaobao, as the Zhaobao peeps claim a lineage from Wudang, Jiangfa or someone/somewhere, and Wenxian wants to maintain its rep as the Mecca of Taiji.

AFAIK, the top Zhaobao people are no longer in Zhaobao, but I may be wrong. When myteacher visited the village last year he could find nobody.

BTW Dave, what Taiji are you doing these days? Chen? Hulei? Chen Pan-ling?

If not Zhaobao, you may want to consider Hulei Village, (across the ditch from ChenJiagou). When I was there in June, I met a master who had awesome skill and who advertized his home as a school, but whose only student was his son. But a very, very difficult looking and unusal style of Taiji: Super low stances, lots and lots of 'fluttering' type fajin.

Moreover, there are probably doznes of undiscovered Taiji/Tongbei type TCMA in the villages around Chenjiagou/Hulei Village/Zhaobao. He Jin-han posted an interesting clip of some Tongbei from a ville across the Yellow River.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:12 am

Andy_S wrote:My coach, who visits Chenjiagou twice a year told me (and I can't vouch for this - it may be Chenjiagou talk) that the provincial govt had banned public practice of Taiji in Zhaobao, as the Zhaobao peeps claim a lineage from Wudang, Jiangfa or someone/somewhere, and Wenxian wants to maintain its rep as the Mecca of Taiji.

AFAIK, the top Zhaobao people are no longer in Zhaobao, but I may be wrong. When myteacher visited the village last year he could find nobody.

Andy,
i'm doing CPL style exclusively but I'm looking for some place to convert my traditional push hands into competition push hands. So I'm asking about Zhaobao.

It seems what you're written above is correct. Check this out:
http://hunyuantaijiacademy.com/index.ph ... &Itemid=67

I have Wang's VCD. He's awesome. But apparently the Chinese government has decided that Zhaobao style must go. God, I hate communism. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Dave C.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:56 pm

The clip linked at the beggining of the thread is indeed a highlight of a school in Xi'an. I know because I went to see him once. That is Li Suicheng.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan