Who's the "Bagua cook"?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Who's the "Bagua cook"?

Postby the.israeli on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:49 pm

I suppose most people around here are familiar with Chris Crudelli's BBC show - "Mind, Body and Kickass Moves". If not, that's really a shame - go watch it!
I've wondered for quite some time who's that awsome Bagua teacher from Hong Kong shown on episode 5. Here's a picture of the guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:DaoCook.JPG
At 88, his physical condition is amazing. Makes the (now dead) 93 year old Ma Yueliang look like his father... :P
Couldn't figure out the spelling of his name. It sounded something like "chu da shr". Does anyone know this person?
the.israeli
Santi

Re: Who's the "Bagua cook"?

Postby Jake on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:10 pm

I've seen that episode I think.

I don't know anything about him, but I do have a kinda cool story from when I lived in Taiwan 9 years ago. I lived for awhile in the "Happy Family" hostel. I had the Japanese room for any of you who have ever been there. Anyway, living in a hostel you meet a shit load of people becoz there is a constant ever change/ing stream.

One weekend there were a couple of college age guys from America who were in Taiwan on a farming exchange program. As such, they lived in a smaller city from down south. The guy who was hosting them was a TCM doctor/ Tai Chi master type guy. Evidently this old man would ever so gently toss them around at his leisure. (In good fun and the guys said that they never minded becoz the doctor would just play with them and never hurt them)

They said he had the goods, but by the same token... These two had no clue or idea of what the fuck they were even talking about as far as anything martial went. That was very obvious immediately, so who knows about the old man's skills... that's not what I thought was so cool... what I thought was cool was that they said that the doctor ALWAYS said... "Food Is Medicine"!!!

Everything the doctor and his wife cooked was medicine. They told me that the doctor would check their pulse and other stuff and then they would eat specific stuff. They said it was usualy, but not always, good tasteing... But for the doctor... It was always good for them.

Interesting and I believe it. How fucking awesome would that be to only eat what would make you the most healthy you could possibly be.

"Food is Medicine!!!"

Cheers!
Last edited by Jake on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
errrrr.............
Jake
Huajing

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan