guy I've never heard of

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: guy I've never heard of

Postby amfalk on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:02 am

Hi,
I don't normally post, but MaGui bagua is listed as one thing he has done. He came to one seminar in Halifax. ???
I was not impressed with his skill. For those of you who could tell from the photos about his alignment, well done there. What bothered me was that he used Cheng style bagua as an excuse for not getting what I was trying to show him. I teach lots of people who are skilled in other styles, and they usually try to forget about that and focus on the new thing they were learning. I have done Cheng style, and since he kept doing it when I when across the way to teach the xingyi guys (I shouldn't get into manners, but hey, it was pretty annoying :-\ ) I think he wasn't all that skilled at it.
If you want to go see him, perhaps his other styles are better.
amfalk
Santi

Postby mixjourneyman on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:06 am

Hey, thanks Andrea. You know that your opinion is one I respect (though I also cling to Cheng style, badly :D lol).
Its always good to get an expert opinion.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby taoistfist on Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:57 pm

just want to reiterate. i have only seen josh's arnis and it is good and he always trained hard.
don't know anything at all about his other st uff.
trust andrea she knows what to look for.
the night is darkest just before the dawn. and i promise you the dawn is coming.
taoistfist
Anjing

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan