Pakua of Lu Shuai Tien-

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Pakua of Lu Shuai Tien-

Postby lars on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:59 am

It is also a nice movement for basic flexibility and coordination, which is what we mainly have used it for. I will try and check it out for throwing!

For me, the system is fantastic. Very effective, and extremely well structured, in the sense that all exercises are building blocks that combine and compliment each other.
But I think that it always will be personal. Especially with pakua that has so many flavours, each style probably suit different people.

cheers
Lars
lars
Anjing

Postby lars on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:12 am

Have just checked some of the videos...
Some of the pakua exercises have a vague resemblance with some basic exercises from Parks system, but I strongly doubt that they are straight from the style.
Did you put the link because you think they represent Parks Pakua?
They dont.
My guess is that it is some exercises they have copied without understanding any of them, so they can include pakua in their curriculum.
It seems that it is a u.s. based korean m.a. school where their main teachers have 10. degree black belt in kungfu from China... Whatever that means.

lars
lars
Anjing

Postby neijia_boxer on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:16 am

Do any of you old park students remember the Form phases? these were the line drill in his system. i have notes on all 3 form phases 1-3. each had 8 lines drills for a total of 24. there are a few i am not clear about. these are not in books and video.
neijia_boxer

Postby cerebus on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:26 am

I know a series of 16 linear drills which were known in Dae Woung's curriculum simply as "Pa Kua 1-16". Don't know if they're anything like Park's stuff or not...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby lars on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:43 am

Which ones would you like to know about?
lars
Anjing

Postby neijia_boxer on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:25 am

these are my notes so they are understandable to me in some way. these are from the 90's so its long ago. i remember most except these are vague.

form phase I-

#7-smash block, knuckle punch (right away)

this one I believe is similar to Pao in hsingyi

form phase II-

#5- slap block down, go forward double palm strike

form phase III-

#1- Grab across body, step forward , monkey palms strike (this one ends with the monkey animal palm shape "monkey offers peach")

#6- Drill, upper slapping strike, step into mt stance while pressing down

#8- Grab, chop , step behind, throw and push
neijia_boxer

Postby cerebus on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:43 pm

Mmmm... yeah, that's different than what I know...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:34 am

Any Youtubes of the 'Ba Gi' form? it was a mantis style long fist form they did for beginners.
neijia_boxer

Postby stevehan22 on Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:44 pm

Hello fellow martial artists.

Check out keyword "twmaf" on youtube.

I am a student of GGM Yong Moon.

Lu Shui Tian lineage.

I posted a clip of 8 basic stances.

Later.
Steve Han
stevehan22
Santi

Postby Earth_Monkey on Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Hello all I used to study his method for quite some time, and yes tons of info not in the book, dont remember the form phases too well, in answer to the question is it "effective" that depends on whose hands it is in. but yes it is effective and he has many sparring drills. oh yea there is a ba ji form and a mantis form in the beginning too. very structured its warm ups stances and a wide variety of palm exercises daily very nice work out. I felt one of the most useful things learned was the shadow boxing and the added imagery on how to get even more focus/power out of the palm strikes.i.e make believe the lion/bear or a very brutal opponent gonna eat you. you have to have that urgency on EVERY strike. He was also big on having your tailored special technique, he felt if the situation got real having just 1 or 2 defending moves and 1 or 2 attacking moves to work at a high level was the best way to go. Oh yea his elbow drill pretty nice too LOL Just my 2 cents
Last edited by Earth_Monkey on Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earth_Monkey
Anjing

Postby neijia_boxer on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:43 am

Nice- i remember that analogy of a big bear standing in front of you and you have to do something!

I was in Richmond last weekend and I called up the old school. i forgot they arent open on Saturday, its like saturday is only the BEST day for training for most folks. ???
neijia_boxer

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan