Hand or foot first?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Hand or foot first?

Postby xiranyma on Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:17 am

dragontigerpalm wrote:
xiranyma wrote:
dragontigerpalm wrote:To my nooby mind Bao's assessment seems right on target as it addresses the reality of disconnecting and reconnecting.

;D you are surely not nooby head!! Bao's target is great! To a great target, we need some great approaches. ::)

??? I would surely appreciate an explanation of this post.

Dear Dragontigerpalm,

First, I think Martin's new post is very interesting and helpful.

Just come back to my post. I agree that to build up the connections between your hands and feet is a very important target for a good player.

But the connection also has quality. Everyone can build up and feel this connection easily and strongly--by holding Martin's 10 boxes German bear/beer. ::) You could not ignore the connections of all part of your body to your feet and ground in that case. But I have to agree this connection would be passively, and people who had felt this connection would not improve their skills too much just by feeling this kind of connections.

So, how our connections are built up and how we control all parts which were involved in this connection make the difference of the quality of our connections. The approach is important. That is what we are trained for and that makes the difference of our skills.

I wish I answered a little bit of your concerns.
:P
xiranyma
Santi

Re: Hand or foot first?

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:43 am

the center of gravity is not located in the dantian it is moving all the times with the movement of the body

QFT
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan