Huleijia Taijiquan Discussion

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Huleijia Taijiquan Discussion

Postby Michael on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:57 am

kshurika wrote:Through the miracle of the Internet, you could remove your stick temporarily, sit down at your computer and get in touch with him.

I apologize if in doing so I've threatened your perceived dominance of subjects Taiwanese.

;D

mouthboxer

:D
Michael

Postby extrajoseph on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:44 am

三十年前林阿龍就已在台北新公園表演
30 years ago Lin Ah Lung already does demonstrations in the New Garden In Taibei.
我那時住在台北
At that time I was living in Taibei
周末會去新公園和孫中山紀念館等處看人練拳
In the weekend (I would) go to the New Garden and the Sun Yat-Sen Garden, etc. to watch people practice Kung Fu
在新公園見過林阿龍
(I have) seen Lin Ah Lung in the New Garden
當時年輕覺得那些發勁表演是可以輕易卸開的
I was young then and though the type of Fajing he demonstrated can be easily neutralized
而對凌空勁半信半疑(現在肯定沒有凌空勁這種東西)
But I was not so sure about Lingkong Jin (Now there is definitely no a such thing)
由於想知道被發勁和凌空勁的感覺
Because (I) wanted to know the feeling of Fajing and Linkong Jin
於是下場請他對我發勁
I went and asked him to Fajing on me
他問我是否練過拳和練過甚麼拳
He asked me whether I have learned any MA and what style
我具實已告但他拒絕我的請求
I told him but he refused my request

像林阿龍這類的表演不少
There are a lot of demonstration like Lin Ah Lung's type
但都需要學生來配合表演否則不會成功
But all needed the studnet's co-operation, otherwise they won't succeed
屬於太極拳推手部分如此
Some parts of Taijiquan Push-hands are like this
凌空勁部分更是絕對配合
The part concerned with Lingkong Jin especially requires absolute co-operation.

外人若要嘗試他們是一定拒絕的
They will always refuse external request for a trial.

另外是
The other thing is
一個新公園這麼多人但都不想多事
There are a lot of people in the garden, but they don't want any trouble
事實上會出面要求驗證凌空勁的人少之又少
So even though there are many requests to varify Lingkong Jin
所以他也樂得表演!
They can still have their fun showing off.

Web source:
原文連結: 踏破鐵鞋無覓處~原來台灣早就有 - 聽雨軒 - 聚財網 http://www.wearn.com/life/topic.asp?top ... z2LomsRphW
extrajoseph
Mingjing

Postby Andy_S on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Joseph:

Actually, I was once offered a demo of empty force by a (very good) gongfu master I was training under who had, after about three decades of CMA, got heavily into qigong.

He had me stand in front of him and close my eyes: He would push me back with empty force. So I stood there and waited. He did his thing and I felt - nothing. After a few tries, he gave up, but the thing was, he COULD (and did) pull it off on more trusting/compliant students - who, incidentally, were my juniors in martial arts. I did not make a big deal of it, because I had not gone to him to learn empty force - I was just curious. (And would have been amazed it if HAD worked).

Or maybe my qi was just not sensitive enough...
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Hey KShurika:

Could you kindly ask Tim what he thinks of the Zhaobao or Huleijia or whatever it is he has got?

He seems to teach more of the Sun Style Taiji (and I guess that per se Taiji is a relatively limited interest for him compared to the MMA). From what I have read of Tim's extensive training background, there is a VERY extreme series of jibenggong exercises which, if practiced diligently, deliver monster gongfu. I also seem to recall that one of Tim's best selling books was on ancillary exercises for HsingI. Given all this, why is he not teaching this material more actively?

And I am sure we all recall the story of Tim's Taiji student who had been training the material noted, and who was involved in a road rage incident. The chap hit his attacker once - with a backhand slap, I think - which broke his jaw. Moreover, as the bloke went down, he also broke his knee. There endeth the lesson! IOW, this student was either very lucky, or his gongfu worked perfectly in his moment of need - which is something we would all like to have. Or, perhaps it was a bit of both.

Anyway....quite a story and a credit to either the Zhaobao of Hulei material.

TIA.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby extrajoseph on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi Andy,

I think empty force 靈空勁 only works when there is a sender and a receiver, without a receiver, it is empty 不靈了.
extrajoseph
Mingjing

Postby windwalker on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:34 pm

@andy,

the teacher in question,,,did you do any type of push hands with him? if so what did you feel?
was it the same or different?
windwalker
Wuji

Postby extrajoseph on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:46 pm

I don’t understand why these endless discussions on a simple subject that the name itself already explain how it works. Ling (marvelously) Kong (empty) Jin (dynamic force) means this force is dynamic and the effectiveness depends on the adjustment between two people, the doer and the person being done to. The doer sends out an empty force and it needs a receiver that thinks it is marvelously real that can affect him to work; otherwise the empty force loses its marvelousness and is empty.
extrajoseph
Mingjing

Postby Andy_S on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:50 am

Windwalker:

I did spar with him - very good - but not PH or in-contact drills, no.
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan