Question for NYC area IMA guys

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Question for NYC area IMA guys

Postby wkfung108 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:30 am

Do any of you know anything about this school in Scarsdale or its instructor?

http://wutangschool.com/

A friend of mine recently started classes here. I haven't got a chance to check it out, but am a little suspicious in that the site doesn't list the instructor's name or who he trained with. I'm even more suspicious in that my friend doesn't even know the guy's full name, they just call him "Master Joe."

I'm no bagua guy, but what my friend describes in his training seems reasonable enough, but still, thought I'd ask around.

Thanks!

- Kent

(P.S. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not say anything on the forum. Thanks!)
Last edited by wkfung108 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
wkfung108
Santi

Re: Question for NYC area IMA guys

Postby maoshan on Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:41 pm

Peace

He's not from here, I've never seen him before. I agree, his background should be up, Also, Those stills have such a wushu feel to them. Have you observed a class?

Mao
maoshan
Great Old One

Postby H2O_Dragon on Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:13 pm

You can tell the guys legit just from the pictures. Everyone knows that white silk uniforms = good kung fu and impeccable lineage. Duh
H2O_Dragon

Postby wkfung108 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:08 am

I haven't--yet. My schedule's been a bit busy, but I'll probably check out a trial class with my friend sometime in the next few weeks.

I'll post my fairly ignorant opinion when that happens. (If nothing else, I can at least get his full name!)

maoshan wrote:Peace

He's not from here, I've never seen him before. I agree, his background should be up, Also, Those stills have such a wushu feel to them. Have you observed a class?

Mao
wkfung108
Santi

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan