Kung Fu Taichi Magazine Xingyi issue

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Kung Fu Taichi Magazine Xingyi issue

Postby JAB on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:54 am

Three years experience and those are some of the techniques you learned?? With whom did you train?
Jake
JAB

Postby Bill on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:12 am

My instructor was Caique.
Old school BJJ.

http://www.cjjusa.com
Last edited by Bill on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:18 am

I want to add that the techniques shown are all good techniques. I just wanted to see something that was uniquely chinese groundfighting.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:59 am

Well Bill that is the problem (and I tried to convey this in the article).... there is no "uniquely Chinese Ground fighting" because they never developed a comprehensive ground game. This is the limit of it, and I do not label this ground "fighting" as these techniques are geared solely if someone is standing above you trying to strike you when you are down. If my opponent chooses to engage me on the ground, well all CMA shit goes out the window! If in your training you are dealing with such scenarios then you need to learn some BJJ / Sambo / Sub Grappling to deal with these situations. The Di Long Jin will NOT help in these instances! I know people REALLY, REALLY want to think there is something in CMA to deal on the ground situations, but quite honestly there is nothing.
As for these "looking" like BJJ...... not like any BJJ I have seen, but then again I have one year less experience than you so who knows. Basic takedowns are all going to look similar to a certain degree, because we are all built pretty much the same way.

Cheers
Jake
JAB

Postby chicagoTaiJi on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:40 am

maybe because real fighting doesn't have rules that preclude bashing in the face of someone who is diving headfirst at someone's knees?
chicagoTaiJi
Anjing

Postby JAB on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:54 pm

What are you on about?
JAB

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:52 pm

chicagoTaiJi wrote:maybe because real fighting doesn't have rules that preclude bashing in the face of someone who is diving headfirst at someone's knees?

lol.

You should go back in time and fight in the early UFC's. I hear those traditional guys were really good at stopping the shoot ::) :P
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby the.israeli on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:51 am

Would any of you be kind enough and scan the issue for the rest of us?
I live in Israel, and cannot get my hands on a copy by any means.
the.israeli
Santi

Postby Felipe Bidó on Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:31 am

the.israeli:

I dont' think that could be possible for a while. Not sure, but I don't think it's possible.

Check your PM
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby JAB on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:17 am

Check my site in a couple months and it will be there.
Jake
JAB

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan