Nootropics Anyone?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Nootropics Anyone?

Postby wiesiek on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:29 am

RobB wrote:These guys http://www.fruiting-bodies.co.uk/ are great for mushroom extracts. Super-Welsh too!

looks quite expensive,
if we consider -12,5 dry mushrooms in 100 ml extract - per 100 ml is 15,75 pounds ,
For ex.:
from http://www.immunityassist.com/shop you`re getting 90 capsules cordyceps ,650 mg. ea., for 23 pounds.
and if you`re on US ground - the same in $ when buin` on Hawaii !
Last edited by wiesiek on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon May 21, 2018 1:50 am

I usually order these due to the low price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00133H9 ... +cordyceps

I have found cordyceps are good whenever you will engaged in physical work or workouts.

To follow up I cut out my use of nootropics. I did find them useful but I no longer felt the need to pay someone to alter my chemistry.

As Azer mentioned I found eating healthier has given me a lot of the same benefits although not as dramatic probably more profound overall.

Kefir is also something I have a couple of times a week, yet I am not a big fan of the taste. Then again people usually tell me that when I turn them on to Moringa and in both cases it grows on you and also the benefits outweight the flavor. I have found that in soup Moringa can be very good and I have some everyday.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon May 21, 2018 7:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Mon May 21, 2018 4:11 am

yup,
lo price , but only on US ground ,
it is unavailable here :-\
here only from GB ,which double the price,
`
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Wed May 23, 2018 8:43 am

I am not educated on the subject. However, here is a podcast interview on nootropics.

"42 Different Ways To Build A Better Brain, The Problem With Modern Smart Drugs, Hacking Your Neurons & More," https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/podcas ... nootropic/:
Ben Greenfield wrote:My guest on today’s podcast believes there’s a big problem in the field of nootropics, smart drugs and cognitive enhancement: namely that the entire movement has followed some pretty extreme reductionist tendencies.

When it comes to popping pills and using biohacks and self-quantification to make your body and brain smarter, research has indeed proliferated. There is a dizzying plethora of scientific findings focused on individual neurotransmitters, mechanisms, parts of the neurotransmission cycle, cell walls, receptor sites, brain/blood flow, and hundreds of other isolated variables.

In other words, there are lots of parts and plenty of “findings” and “mechanisms.” But to date, there exists no prevailing meta-theory of the complex interactions that make up the whole of cognitive enhancement. Many various disconnected insights have so far fallen short of addressing the complex dynamics of all the interacting parts. For this reason, most nootropic, smart drug and brain biohacking products are developed to narrowly optimize one aspect of cognitive capability, only to have unexpected drawbacks, deleterious side effects and impacts on other areas.

By performing a principled meta-analysis and synthesis of existing research, we can better understand the complex dynamics and emergent homeostatic relationships within the brain and from these kinds of insights we can yield a truly advanced complex meta-theory of cognitive enhancement. Daniel Schmachtenberger, my guest on this podcast, wants to do just this.

Daniel began seriously studying health and neurology when he became afflicted with neurological and autoimmune illnesses that had no known solutions in either allopathic or complementary medicine. The insights that lead to his healing came from developing a new model for understanding physiology and pathology, which he then applied to helping many people address various forms of complex illness and optimize their capabilities beyond their previous healthy baselines.

Daniel was the academic dean for a college of mind-body medicine and has consulted for many cutting edge integrative doctors and medical clinics to help find novel solutions for complex cases. He created and ran a cutting edge think tank developing complex systems solutions for environmental and social issues, and has directed a transdisciplinary group of scholars on a philosophy of mind project addressing core questions of mind / brain interface and developed what he calls “an axiomatic reformulation for the epistemology of neuroscience”. He has a significant background with and love for psychedelics, nootropics, meditation, depth psychology, and all effective tools for evolving states and stages of consciousness and evolving the human experience.

Daniel focuses in bringing together the best scientific research on each individual mechanism and pathway supporting cognitive development, and integrating them into a whole systems view, a complex framework of integrative neuroscience and one of the most comprehensive nootropic stacks ever made called “Qualia“.

During our discussion, you’ll discover:

-What a “dream nootropic” would look like if it were to target every single component of cognitive enhancement…[16:55 & 68:45]

-How nootropics can go beyond an acute effect and actually chronically change your brain structure or “wiring”, including neuron and synapse development, increased mitochondrial ATP, healthier cell structures and increased neural complexity…[21:00 & 49:30]

-How you can actually induce the creation of new brain stem cells to heal things like traumatic brain injury, excitotoxicity and oxidative damage to the brain…[24:54]

-Two easy ways to test how your central nervous system and memory recall is responding to certain compounds you consume…[27:45]

-My personal experience with the “God pill” that Daniel developed…[42:45]

-What makes something a “nootropic” compound vs. just a nutrient or a vitamin or a smart drug…[47:00 & 59:35]

-The little-known substance know as the “love drug” that can increase euphoria and empathy…[50:18]

-A compound that can be bound to caffeine to cause caffeine to last longer without a crash…[52:20]

-The little-known effects a nootropic can have that you may not know about, such as decreased tendency to procrastinate, increased stress resilience, lucid dreaming, and beyond…[55:20 ]

-How Vitamin D delivered in a form called “Microencapsulated Cholecalciferol” can act on specific brain targets…[61:25]

-Which form of magnesium is best for neural targeting…[74:55]

-Why it’s absolutely crucial that you include something called “choline donors” when you consume a nootropic…[78:00]

-The actual clinical research behind the Qualia formulation that Daniel helped to develop, and why it must be taken as a 1-2 combo…[82:25]

-Whether this stuff safe to take if you compete in sports sanctioned by organization such as WADA, USADA, the Olympics, etc…[86:35]

-And much more!

New Rogan interview with Ben Greenfield on various health topics. I think there was some mention of nootropics, theanine, etc.

PowerfulJRE
Streamed live 18 hours ago

Ben Greenfield is a Coach, Author, Speaker, ex-Bodybuilder and Ironman Triathlete. In 2008 he was voted as the Personal Trainer of the Year by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and recognized as the top 100 Most Influential People in Health in 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9A3Jy7s5qY
marvin8
Wuji

Postby thepoeticedda on Thu May 24, 2018 11:08 am

Turns out one of the best nootropics out there is just doing your zhan zhuang :)

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-05- ... ealth.html
thepoeticedda
Santi

Postby wiesiek on Fri May 25, 2018 12:28 am

I sow test with neurological examination where guy was tested "clean" and after week intensive medication.
And:
no measurable difference in brain works -oldman-

"tested rabbit" just reported kinda of >better feeling of overall been<

I know better way to
achieve it
If you ask me...-joint-
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Fri May 25, 2018 7:23 am

Irie
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri May 25, 2018 12:21 pm

I think if you haven't done it, we're probably better off:

- cutting out all bad carbs
- eating way more bright vegetables
- getting some regular exercise (probably everyone here does)
- getting way more and better sleep.
- doing memory and other brain exercise.
- meditate
- cut out excessive "screen time" (except RSF hahaha)

IF after you do all that, maybe something extra helps. Personally I am taking krill oil and drinking more green tea, and the green tea in particular seems to always be helpful.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sat May 26, 2018 12:49 am

everything wrote:I think if you haven't done it, we're probably better off:

- cutting out all bad carbs
- eating way more bright vegetables
- getting some regular exercise (probably everyone here does)
- getting way more and better sleep.
- doing memory and other brain exercise.
- meditate
- cut out excessive "screen time" (except RSF hahaha)

IF after you do all that, maybe something extra helps. Personally I am taking krill oil and drinking more green tea, and the green tea in particular seems to always be helpful.

Have been drinking(the Chinese way) green tea for about 15 years now but for some reason stopped sometime early November last year, which seemingly turned out to not be a good thing. Now, i read in the other thread about your removal of the gallbladder, I'm sorry that had to be done. In December last year I got this really boring pain in the upper stomach and back area,turned out it was gallstone. Had three of these attacks within a couple of weeks and there was talk that maybe the best thing would be removal of the gallbladder. When I had the attack I got medication the Chinese way, with that I mean by drip, hospitals have these large rooms wher people sit and take their medicine. So the last time I sat there my wife had a thermos with green tea with her and I had a couple of sips and just a couple of minutes after that I began to feel much better much better than the previous time I had the medication, it was definitively the tea that did the work...later I read that green tea have an anti inflammatory effect....So now I'm back to my daily tea drinking habit ......Also what I put in consideration, I moved to a new city last year, and this place signature dish is a beef marrow bone noodle soup, quite delicious and I often ate that up until my gallbladder problem, I guess the cholesterol rich marrow soup where too heavy and that together with cutting out the green tea caused the problem....
Trick

Postby wiesiek on Wed May 30, 2018 3:56 am

You may remove gall/livers stones by special / shamans/ diet -7days bet/apple juice only, and the final day - glass of the olive oil mixed with lemon j.
I wrote down exact instruction here /eF/, couple big earthly circles ago .
if you like to try it , Trick, I can send recept to you.

Interesting for everything can be the info, that even after removing body part, energetic picture of it, is always left/presented, in the proper place.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed May 30, 2018 8:56 am

The gallstone seemingly plopped out or dissolved, have been feelin good since for almost five months now. I do being cautious about cholesterol and fat food such as eggs and Chairman Mao's favorite dish "Hong Shao Rou"(which I actually like). But yes I'm interested in any "natural" medicaments that can be at use
Trick

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:31 am

ok,
have to reserve minimum two day free from everyday duty's /last day, and one day after, which is really hard /
so,
your seven consecutive days should be on bet/apple juices only, proportions: 40%:60% ,
evening after 7 o`clock - short hot bath, + coffee enema /prepared from: cooking 3 spoons full of coffee by 15 minutes /
or in reverse order :)
In last day, it should be done around midnight, or/and in the next morning.

Thru four days you may also drink tea and/or water,
if you`re to hungry to thrive - eat baked apples with honey.

Next 3 days you`re on juices only. You may drink as much as you like /2,5 - 3 liters min./,
it was preparation.
Last day :
from early afternoon /2pm/ you have to start warming up the liver by termophore or electric blanket .
after 7 pm you`re starting to drink cleaning solution :
prepare- 150 ml. olive oil and 150 ml. fresh lemon,
and
drink it in sequence:
two spoons of oil and sip of juice,
15 minutes break before next spoon - lay on right side and continue to warming up the liver.

If after 2nd or 3rd portions feeling like .throwin`up" appear - kep jar with peeled garlic close , and smell it.

when you ready with the solutions -keep warming up the liver.
around midnight drink some laxative herbs /Da huang for ex./, and/or enema.

Next day you`re starting eating from pure brown rice.
I starting with the carrot juice, btw.

To clean liver completely - whole process 3 times rep. minimum in 1-2 months distance.

After couple times of such regime - you simply feel when you need to do it.
best
W.

ps
it is very good preparation before takin` nootropic of any kind
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Dale Dugas on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:29 pm

Big fan of Acetyl L Carnitine. Helps keep the brain from going rancid. Studies on Pubmed.

Carnitines are good for the body.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby everything on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Ah yeah on the gallstones,

I did flush stuff but

I had a 3 cm stone causing too much inflammation.

If you are ok, just eat right and hopefully you will be fine.

Energetically and biologically, it's all liver related.

Hence my special interest on the qigong topics relating to liver.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:16 pm

@wiesiek, thanks for that treatment recipe. My gallstone was a small one that seem to be gone by now, I'm now just careful not to eat fatty and cholesterol rich foods, and also not stress eat(chew well)
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan