How to evaluate qigong instruction

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: How to evaluate qigong instruction

Postby charles on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:41 am

:P
Last edited by charles on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
charles
Wuji

Postby everything on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:44 am

Ron Panunto wrote:Qigong can be thought of as a three-legged stool. If one of the legs are missing the stool will not stand and the exercises are useless. The three legs are: 1) Regulation of the mind, 2) Regulation of the body, and 3) Regulation of the breath.

Thanks Ron. Imho, those three legs apply to yoga as well. In my scenario 2, once someone gets some basic experiential understanding of that, what next?

Tao Boxer, perhaps it's not so much a snazzy demo as it is demonstrated ability to help with cleaning the pipes and then teaching self-help. If it were fine to be totally upfront and direct, I might say "yo, I can do some basics - manifest qi, gather qi, have qi flow, etc., but I know I got a particular blockage. Can you find it and help it get going and help me get on track?"
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Ron Panunto on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:11 pm

everything wrote:
Ron Panunto wrote:Qigong can be thought of as a three-legged stool. If one of the legs are missing the stool will not stand and the exercises are useless. The three legs are: 1) Regulation of the mind, 2) Regulation of the body, and 3) Regulation of the breath.

Imho, those three legs apply to yoga as well.

I agree - that's why qigong is often referred to as "Taoist Yoga."
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan