Warrior Guards the Mountain - the film

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Warrior Guards the Mountain - the film

Postby lineofintent on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi everyone

After years of planning , and following the publication of my last book by Singing Dragon , we have finally produced the first films in the documentary series of Warrior Guards the Mountain.

I was honoured that several high level masters opened their lives , schools and teachings to us , revealing their arts publicly for the first time.

Our subjects of the first series are

Serge Augier of Paris, the Urban Daoist, inheritor of the Daxuan Daoist tradition and Ziranmen.

Drida , a yogi trained in the Himalaya, master craftsman of traditional bows , and a true 'seer'.

Shihan Eiichi Tanaka, head master of the Daiwa Ryu Japanese Buddhist school of healing, meditation and martial arts.

Steven Benitez - renowned expert of Indonesian Pentjak Silat.

Laarni Benitez - expert teacher of Indonesian Yoga and Pentjak Silat.

the link for the trailer of the first film (90 minutes film introducing the teachings of all the subjects) is -

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UClwYxJD ... 6cg/videos

and our website for the films is

www.warriorguardsthemountain.com

Hope you all enjoy the short trailer and we will put more footage on the website slowly.

happy training to you all!

Al
lineofintent
Wuji

Re: Warrior Guards the Mountain - the film

Postby Andy_S on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:03 pm

Looks interesting, congrats on making the step into A/V media...print is a dying format. How are you going to distribute this?

Serge is looking very youthful...
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby eddie mush on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:22 am

Absolutely fantastic Alex. Well done brother!
Martin Lund Rasmussen

In case you are unfamiliar with Eddie Mush, he was the character in the movie "A Bronx Tale" who was a total jinx. He had a perfect track record of losing every bet he ever placed as well as jinxing everyone around him.
eddie mush
Anjing

Postby lineofintent on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:39 am

Thank you, for distribution we will probably offer Vimeo view and DVD....full details next month.

Yes Serge was full of energy for the shoot, putting on film plenty of the skills from Ziranmen, Bagua, Xingyi, Taiji and Daoism.

Being on the receiving end of Ziranmen striking combinations in the graveyard in Paris was interesting!
lineofintent
Wuji

Postby middleway on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:21 am

Awesome! Serge shines there ... as always. :D
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby kingmonkey on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:00 am

Well done alex. Very excited to see them.
kingmonkey
Santi

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:05 am

Awesome stuff!!

Trailer looks promising.

Sent you a private message, by the way.

What's the form Serge is performing at the end of the trailer? Is it freestyle?
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby lineofintent on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks Jon

the form is the Nine Circles Form, a previously (to this film) hidden skill of Ziranmen which Serge decided to demonstrate on the film along with a lot of other hitherto secret Ziranmen methods. Some of his long term students expressed their surprise during the film shoot that he was showing and explaining concepts that they had either not seen or only recently began learning, Serge's explanation to me was he wanted to show what had been lost in China and that anyway the real big secret was ....(ok I will leave that bit for the film...)

He says that the term Nine Circles has many levels of understanding in his Daxuan Daoism and Ziranmen.

Al
lineofintent
Wuji

Postby Iskendar on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Cool stuff. Looking forward to it.
I.
Iskendar
Wuji

Postby bailu on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Wow, looking forward to this!
~Medway Tai Chi Society~
www.medwaytaichisociety.tk
bailu
Anjing

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:03 pm

retreats108 wrote:Thanks Jon

the form is the Nine Circles Form, a previously (to this film) hidden skill of Ziranmen which Serge decided to demonstrate on the film along with a lot of other hitherto secret Ziranmen methods. Some of his long term students expressed their surprise during the film shoot that he was showing and explaining concepts that they had either not seen or only recently began learning, Serge's explanation to me was he wanted to show what had been lost in China and that anyway the real big secret was ....(ok I will leave that bit for the film...)

He says that the term Nine Circles has many levels of understanding in his Daxuan Daoism and Ziranmen.

Al

Interesting. To me, much of it was very reminiscent of XYQ (especially Shi Li) and I Liq Chuan.
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby zrm on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:26 pm

jonathan.bluestein wrote:
retreats108 wrote:Thanks Jon

Al

Interesting. To me, much of it was very reminiscent of XYQ (especially Shi Li) and I Liq Chuan.

I've not seen that one, but it looks like part of the "Wudang Taiji" component of the Ziranmen system.

http://www.56.com/u53/v_NjgzOTYzNzA.html
zrm
Huajing

Postby posidon on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:29 pm

Really really great! I don't think that any martial arts documentary until now, has gathered so many great masters.

Thank you Alex for convincing them to show their arts.

Best regards to all

Evaggelos
posidon
Mingjing

Postby lineofintent on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:32 am

Hi everyone

Release date 1st May 2014.

Warrior Guards the Mountain - Four Masters, Four Traditions - a documentary film detailing the traditions and teachings of Serge Augier (Daxuan Daoism and Ziranmen, Bagua, Xingyi, Taijiquan), Shihan Eiichi Tanaka (head of Daiwa Ryu school of Japanese traditional martial arts and healing), Dridha (traditional archery, bow making and western herbology) and Pendekar Steven Benitez (head of Satriya Arts and inheritor of the traditional Pentjak Silat of Guru Ma Shakti Prem of Indonesia). Running time approx 90 minutes.

Available in DVD format and to download from Vimeo.

Release date 1st June 2014 - Warrior Guards the Mountain series one - Episode One - The Urban Daoist.

In depth research into the background, principles, philosophy, and training methods of Serge Augier of Paris, Ziranmen martial arts, Daxuan Daoism, Daoist medicine and magic and more...

Then at the start of each month we will release the next three films in this first series, detailing the teachings of Steven Benitez, Shihan Tanaka and Dridha.

Details of how to buy DVDs or download the movies will be posted here shortly.

wishing you all good training

Al
lineofintent
Wuji

Postby middleway on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:45 am

Woop!
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji