Any He jin bao yin style line practioners around?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Any He jin bao yin style line practioners around?

Postby Joe L. on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:27 pm

Hey all,
I've been curious about this line for a while, and am wondering about any players of this line in and around the northeast USA area?

Any worth mention, either teaching publicly or just trains hard and worth visiting?

I bought the pheonix dvd (basic training 2 disc set, etc.) a few years back to see what the style had to offer, and I've been interested since. Having just recently refound the thing, and watching it a bit more in depth I'm more curious to seek out some practitioners of this style. Aside from what I saw, how did you go about learning the style? Did your teacher start you out with basics of a certain animal, or is there a base jibengong curriculum before you delve into a certain animal?

Any info would be awesome. Thanks.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Re: Any He jin bao yin style line practioners around?

Postby somatai on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:07 pm

d glenn is the man to ask
somatai

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:15 pm

Here's a map with some study groups: http://www.yinstylebaguazhang.com/local ... s_usa.html

The basic animal is the lion or qian trigram as it is 3 solid lines and learning to move the waist (dantian), shoulders, and hands together and it has the jibengong in the form of lion rolling the ball exercises, which is very similar to other bagua styles jibengong and taiji silk-reeling exercises.

The phoenix should be learned preferrably after the lion as it's the 'xun' trigram, broken-line on the bottom, and moves the shoulder/ and arm independent of the body until the moment of impact, when the hand and dantian (sacrum tucking) arrive at the same time, so one needs to have already learned how to unify the hand with the dantian otherwise they could be searching for something they will never find if just doing the methods of the phoenix. If you've already done another IMA and know this (the 3 arrivals), then picking up the phoenix shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Hope that helps.
One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Joe L. on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Awesine D Glenn, Thanks.

Seems most of the practitioners are 3 hours or so above me (I'm in northeast Pennsylvania at the moment).

Since they don't seem to be too far apart, do you have any experience with the teachers personally listed? Or know which one if you have a decent foundation in IMA/CMA would be ok with jumping you past lion?

Again, any info is helpful, and thanks again.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby Bob on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:05 pm

Here are a couple of clips from practitioners that I believe are from Ann Arbor Michigan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXq_BOc9XTM&feature=user

AODRHINO (1 year ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply Once a year he comes to Ann Arbor, Michigan to a seminar hosted by Richard Miller. He is very powerful and fast.
BaguaJunkie (1 year ago) Show Hide Marked as spam Reply Richard is my Father-in-law. In fact my wife is on the phone with him right now. I will have a chance to run some of these questions by him this weekend as he is coming for a visit.
AODRHINO (1 year ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply Cool! Richard was my instructor a few years ago, when he was just learning bagua, I had studied bagua before but not YSB. He is a very good teacher,I had an ankle injury and job hour changes so I had to stop training with him :( but I bought the tapes of the Lion system so I could train on my own. When you see him tell him John (the black guy with the pony tail) said HI! I hope he is ok and I miss training with him,I'll come see him as soon as I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UemH9-rS ... re=related

Click on BaguaJunkie and you get a lot of clips from a He Jin bao student
Bob
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan