How Do You Check a Taiji teacher???

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: How Do You Check a Taiji teacher???

Postby grzegorz on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:03 am

This was also my experience training the Wu in Shanghai although my teacher's TJQ is world class what makes him a great teacher is that he wants his students to be better than he is unfortunately this is a rare quality in the martial arts world.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve Rowe on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:35 am

It's a bit like marriage, if you're not sure don't. Better to go on a date with no strings, if that works out okay go on another eventually leading to an engagement and when you're sure, marriage. Any good coach will respect you for taking care.
If you see someone without a smile - give 'em one of yours...
Steve Rowe
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:49 am

Dmitri wrote:The only true test of a Tai chi teacher is to shoot him with a sniper rifle from a rooftop across the street. Real master would sense the disturbance in the force beforehand and deplete your qi remotely so that you would be unable to pull the trigger.

RFLMAO! ;D
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:59 pm

Steve Rowe wrote:It's a bit like marriage, if you're not sure don't. Better to go on a date with no strings, if that works out okay go on another eventually leading to an engagement and when you're sure, marriage. Any good coach will respect you for taking care.

I disagree, although it can be like that I think that's an unhealthy learning environment. You like what a teacher does then train with them if you change your mind then just go somewhere else.

Why stay in a miserable marriage when you're not married anyway?
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan