kung fu and vocalization

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

kung fu and vocalization

Postby vagabond on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:57 am

so i just made a pretty interesting discovery. there's a spot in my back no matter what i do always needs stretched, and no wacky yoga pose or whatever will do it for me. the spot that i guess would be sirloin if i were a cow, spinal erectors? a little below my shoulder blades. buuuuut. on my back porch just now, i spent like ten minutes barking at/with the neighbors dog and my back feels great. not quite a massage but as if i actually manage to get a little stretch in and drop some tension.

similarly, my ribs have never felt worked out after training the way they feel after karaoke.

anyone else have any similar experiences?
vagabond
Huajing

Re: kung fu and vocalization

Postby klonk on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:50 am

There's a qigong called "Six Healing Sounds" you might find interesting. You can Google it and find articles on it, examples on Youtube, etc. I don't have any experience with it myself, but it seems fairly popular. If done vigorously, with plenty of volume, it seems it would be an attention getter in park practice. ;D

Add in a seventh, barking sound for your own personalization of the practice. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFqotaIc3Dw

Last edited by klonk on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Each of the Five Element Phases has a specific Major Key musical tone correlation. Vocalizing the corresponding musical key note during exhalation, while performing a related Element posture, adds energy and power to the techniques. :)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby taiwandeutscher on Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:27 pm

There are many different versions of the Liuzijue, and it can be a topic for much research, through the ages, lol!
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan