Just standing

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Just standing

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:12 pm

Here is an article on standing exercises

http://nineheavenchigung.blogspot.com.a ... e.html?m=1
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Re: Just standing

Postby Taste of Death on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:10 pm

I discussed movement in stillness in your previous "just standing" post and the problem with Zhan Zhuang is the disconnect between standing meditation and a moving martial art. It's a two part process rather than a combining of the two. One should have the same feeling in the meditation as in the art but most people practice them as two separate things. They are the same. I used to stand for an hour or more but now I only stand for as long as I can hold the "feeling" not as long as I can tolerate the standing.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Mr_Wood on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:35 pm

anyone read his book ? Is it worth reading ?
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby UniTaichi on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:32 pm

After reading the article above, I would said that it is worth buying this book at least. I too have quite a few amazing experiences in ZZ. 8-)

Cheers,
UniTaichi
UniTaichi
Anjing

Postby Patrick on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:42 pm

The article did Not really answer the question, it wanted to answer.
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby RickMatz on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:16 am

He wrote a guest article for my blog some time ago:

What Really happens when you stand. http://cookdingskitchen.blogspot.com/20 ... stand.html
RickMatz
Huajing

Postby Patrick on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:22 am

What Really happens when you stand

What does happen? The answer is not in the article.
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:18 pm

Patrick wrote:

He does not know the answer because he does not know how to stand or why he is doing it.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby allen2saint on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:44 am

I like the shades.
allen2saint
Wuji

Postby Mr_Wood on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:05 am

Taste of Death wrote:
Patrick wrote:

He does not know the answer because he does not know how to stand or why he is doing it.

that's what im trying to ascertain. does he actually know what he's on about ? for me standing practice is more than just relaxation as seems to be the focus of this article.

So has anybody read the book ? if so what are your thoughts ?

cheers

edit - sorry tajicannon, i missed your reply, thanks. I might just go ahead and order a copy to satisfy my curiosity. Amazon reviews are very positive, what seems incredible to me is how he managed to fill 358 pages on zz but from the index it is in depth. Look forward to reading it :)
Last edited by Mr_Wood on Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby jaysahnztao on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:55 am

I won it via an essay contest on FB. The essay's topic was how ZZ affected my life. It is sti
Available to read on Mark's Inside Zhan Zhuang page. BUY THE BOOK! he holds nothing back!!!!!

On what happens, the meridans will open, one train the yi, clear blockages of energy. Alignment. A big ah ha moment is when the central channel opens.
Last edited by jaysahnztao on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Absorb what is useful
jaysahnztao
Santi

Postby warriorprincess on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:16 am

Does anyone know anything about involuntary movements happening when standing? Arms raising, body twisting on its own type of thing. I've managed to get hold of Lam Kam-Chuen's chi gong book and after a few minutes my body starts to move.
warriorprincess
Anjing

Postby chud on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:45 am

Thanks taijicannon and jaysahnztao for the reviews, I had been on the fence about whether to buy yet another book, but after reading your feedback I think I'll pick this up when I get paid.
chud
Great Old One

Postby UniTaichi on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:43 pm

warriorprincess wrote:Does anyone know anything about involuntary movements happening when standing? Arms raising, body twisting on its own type of thing. I've managed to get hold of Lam Kam-Chuen's chi gong book and after a few minutes my body starts to move.

Hi warriorprincess,

Some people move and some don't. So it is quite normal. The thing to note here is that your mind must have control eg. if moving too fast, use mind to slow it down, or stop altogether. However, it is best if you have a teacher to oversee your training (ZZ) especially if one starts to move.

There is basically 2 type of movement. 1) one is movement of qi trying to unblock any stagnant qi in ones' body, eg. shoulder block, you might start swinging your arm or some rotation movement. 2) Once all is relatively clear of blockages, the movement will be that of balancing your Yin/Yang, your Small Mirco Orbit, your Waist meridian(Daimei) and Big Mirco Orbit will circulate. Plus a few others experiences that will take your breath away.

FYI, I do Shaolin YiZhiChan (one finger zen) ZZ.

Cheers,
UniTaichi
UniTaichi
Anjing

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan