Cannot find Jason of Deerhorn Knives Website

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Cannot find Jason of Deerhorn Knives Website

Postby piccolo on Wed May 21, 2014 2:59 am

Hi People.

Does anyone know what happened to the Deerhorn Knives website?

http://deerhornknives.com/

I ordered and paid for a pair of knives early March and despite email requests for updates, there was only silence. So I sent a Facebook message and phone SMS using the contact details on the site. Still silence. It is end of May now.

Wondering if there is a reason people may know of. Jason was courteous and helpful when I dealt with him in March.
piccolo
Santi

Re: Cannot find Jason of Deerhorn Knives Website

Postby Azer on Wed May 21, 2014 8:21 am

Write on their Facebook page/wall so that it is publicly visible. I had a look on there, the admin of the page replied to a wall post about 10 days ago.
"All around, dude, try to imagine cold, cause the van is kinda hot, wrap the rat in tacky coat" - Duke Duke
Azer
Wuji

Postby Michael Babin on Fri May 23, 2014 12:58 pm

The name seemed familiar and I checked with one of my students who had mentioned that site some time ago. Sadly, it appears that the owner of the site was happy to talk to my student by phone and by email until money was sent in for a pair of deerhorn knives. That was two years ago, and no knives were ever delivered and the owner of the site hasn't answered polite letters of enquiry or returned phone calls to my student since then.

Also, he did some research and learned that Jason has an "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau for having several similar unresolved complaints lodged against him.

So, like my student, it appears as if you have been diddled. When you're honest yourself and act in good faith; it's always an ugly surprise to see that others couldn't care less for anything except making a fast buck.
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Postby Michael on Fri May 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Michael

Postby piccolo on Sat May 24, 2014 1:13 am

Thanks people for the information.
Especially to Michael Babin for taking the effort to follow up with a student.
Certainly disappointing how there are unethical people like Jason out there.
piccolo
Santi

Postby Michael Babin on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:31 pm

In an effort to be fair...

The same student whose experience I described in a previous post on this thread received his deer horn knives unexpectedly in the mail sometime not long after I posted in May of this year. There was no word of real explanation or apology for the ridiculous delay from the manufacturer. The knives themselves were more-or-less as described in the website but the wooden handles were very poorly finished and the blades were unsharpened even though my student had paid extra for that service.

My apologies for the delay in reporting but my basement and training area was destroyed in a flood in early July and I have had other things on my mind since then. :(
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan