I think I solved taiji.

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: I think I solved taiji.

Postby windwalker on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:43 pm

we all move the hand, we all have this habit, it took me more then 20yrs to understand that I was moving my own hands

not quite the exact wording

for many who feel that they have practice hard and really understand taiji this teacher really provides a good example
of the profoundness of the art. The important point as "jess" and others have pointed out is honesty with ones self and
williness to confront it, change as needed, provided that one is clear about what they'er seeking.

tie in from another post
Eliminate the arms all together.
Don't do push hands
Ask them to demonstrate their understanding while you push on their body; Dantian, chest, hip, shoulders.
Usually this helps separate combative timing and movement issues.
Whoever can show a clearly developed dantian generating stability and power in their body... *usually* makes things pretty clear.... And pretty fast.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22027&start=15

its quite deceptive to feel that one is doing something when actually they'er not.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:47 pm

everything wrote:rambling but great post. I did some ph and some (maybe) of what you're talking about went sort of like this. at the time I was playing with a horizontal circle, arms held out. probably wasn't that aware of weight distribution or center (in a mechanical sense). anyway, receiving energy on the right arm would cause my left arm to push on my partner so that in effect he was pushing himself and my arm shape was just some kind of shape so he could push himself. in solo training at the time I would try to feel energy basically instantly travel from one hand to the other and around this horizontal circle. didn't necessarily feel that in ph, just this odd sensation that his push pushed him, I didn't do anything. I don't remember what was happening with legs (and probably not following you on the leg portions) and we were just doing really light push hands, much lighter than a light judo randori kind of session but much more interesting. ... sort of similar to what you're on to?

dammit post got "abandoned" on other page. sorry to self-quote but bump for jess to view/reply.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby XiaoXiong on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:49 pm

It is something that happens when you go through the back. This is one way to do certain things that I am talking about, though it can be done in a fairly external, separated way also. It depends. The unification of the body is the key, not how easy you won. Some people are harder to throw around. Keeping your mind in the gaps is the key. Be aware of connection and space, and obviously movement and posture. It isn't really the same as creating a center and emptying yourself and then moving the center though. I would call that a good skill to have as a precursor to the conscious intent driven center driven stuff, but not really it.
Jess
Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to the heart.
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:09 pm

cool thanks for the feedback.

XiaoXiong wrote: Keeping your mind in the gaps is the key. Be aware of connection and space, and obviously movement and posture. It isn't really the same as creating a center and emptying yourself and then moving the center though.

unfortunately I don't recall noticing anything like that.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby XiaoXiong on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:42 am

Separating yin and yang. Moving the mind through the body. Inflating the full, deflating the empty. Structural integrity and sitting. Mind in the hands and down to the feet. Sit down into the feet. When your foot is heavy feel the ground with your full hand and forearm. Head is erect, Dan tian held, eyes smiling, tongue on roof of mouth. Hands are very sensitive and active like little spiders sensing pressure changes on the web of fascia. They also steer the energy into the correct channel as you find the full one and go to the empty up the arm into the shoulder and hit the spine, or take energy given inside and redistribute it appropriately.
Jess
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Postby XiaoXiong on Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:45 pm

San Ti internal distribution of intent. First practice left side forward. Right hand and foot are full. The mind is inflating the whole right side and emptying the left. So the left is very light and agile and the right is very solid and rooted. Head stretching spine crown point magnetic, pulling itself upward. Now the right foot and the corresponding left palm are yang. The foot pushing against the earth, the hand stretching out pressing forward as the elbow presses down. If you do these directions clearly at 90 with your intension then you have activated the right meridian. The right hand is magnetic seeks the ground and should feel like an anchor for your hips to connect to with the mind. This should help stabilize the balance from wobbling once you clearly separate the intent into yin and yang. The last and final thing is to make the empty left foot magnetic so that it is light yet feels as if it is picking up the floor under it. Just imagine if your foot were glued to the floor and you wanted to lift it up with your weight centered in the other side of the body.

Emptiness should feel light and mobile and fullness should be heavy and inflated with the presence of your intent. Magnetic is recieving energy or concentric in anatomical terms. Electric is emitting energy or eccentric. Concentric means toward the center, eccentric is away from the center. The center is the joints the muscles are acting on. So you have to define through practice and index your mind to know, what does yin and yang mean? Remember the three planes anatomical diagram? Three pairs of things you can switch between. How about inside and outside? Thumb across the fingers to the pinky. Radius ulna, Hand elbow, knee foot, inside leg, outside leg, back line front line. Squeeze like to squeeze the ball or expand like you are pressing on the ball evenly from the inside. Anybody got any more pairs of things that you can make yin and yang? Maybe mental stuff?
Jess
Last edited by XiaoXiong on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan