Serge Augier

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Serge Augier

Postby 100kilos on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:36 am

Just wonder what the RSF folk think about distant learning from master Serge Augier? Is it worth it? Any details on Serge or experiences to share so I can get a wider picture. Thanks for your time. Dont know if this is the right place to post this.
Last edited by 100kilos on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
100kilos
Anjing

Re: Serge Augier

Postby hodmeist on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:58 am

He has an exceptional reputation. How is the distance learning set up? Is it via SKYPE or DVD downloads? I think if you could get together with him for corrections after distance learning then it would be beneficial as some top names endorse him strongly. I have no direct experience but would love to train with him.
hodmeist
Anjing

Postby kenneth fish on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:10 am

Distance learning is great for academic classes (introduction to psychology etc). For teaching complex manual skills or physical skills, not so hot. Would you consider learning ballet over the internet? I hope not....
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby 100kilos on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:21 am

Kenneth that was my concern. It would be through Skype and I could get instruction from one of his students who is in Chicago but that would be once In a couple of months since I live in New York. Just wanted to hear more about him and his teachings and possibly if any has trained with him long distance or in person. Hodmeist your feedback was useful thank you. If any one else has an experience with him I would love to hear your endorsement or criticism. All is welcome. Once again thank you fro the replies.

P.S. you can pm me if you like if that would be easier and if you don't like to post it on the main forum. Thanks!! :)
Last edited by 100kilos on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
100kilos
Anjing

Postby Serge Augier on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:21 am

I have to say that the distance learning program works well for my teachings.

we have a lot of strength, qi and tendons exercices that you can get easy...you just have to train.

sensitivity and timing will be learned later : the qualities of the body and tendons will be there already.

we do not have techniques, just qualities that can be explain and train : it's working for the one I teach.

of course, it's better to come study with me...but I am mostly in Paris.
Serge Augier
Santi

Postby Arnaud on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:26 am

Hi Rob,

Distance Learning works great if you know what you are doing and what is possible with the technology.

Hard to feel a punch online, but definitely possible to understand how to be rooted or unify the body for instance.
Arnaud
Santi

Postby 100kilos on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:38 am

Thanks Arnaud for the reply, Since I got back from Canada I have been dealing with the passing of my Father, and have been trying to get a clearer picture of things since mentally right now I am all over the place. Before i commited to anything I wanted to make sure I explored every avenue and making a right choice. You have been more than accomidating and Freindly to me when i was In chicago and let me feel Serge's teaching fisrt hand (ouch btw..hahahah). I really appreciate everything you have done for me. I hope asking questions on the RSF has not offended you in any way. Thank You for your understanding.
100kilos
Anjing

Postby Arnaud on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:46 am

I'm sorry for your loss Rob.

That's ok to ask questions, no worries. Take your time and contact me if you've got questions on the School.
Arnaud
Santi

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:47 am

I would think the participant would have to be extremely well versed in the rudiments of the art, as well, the instructor would have to have a very keen eye to recognize the slightest hitch in the motion to correct it from the vantage of todays media, such as Skype. In interaction the questioning must be, laser point precise and again in demo the movement must similarly detailed, and beyond all of that I would think there would still need be periodic hands on interaction with the instructor. Doable but not practical in IMO.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:14 pm

[quote="Serge Augier"][/quote]

Nice to see you here Serge!

How about some English translations for your books? ;)
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby 100kilos on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:06 pm

Thank you Serge for the response. You have an excellent student in Arnuad. He was very kind when I meet him in Chicago.
100kilos
Anjing

Postby Serge Augier on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:14 am

Arnaud is soon to be my Disciple, the 4th in the lineage.

Rob, I hope I can meet you : you are welcome to come visit if you come to Paris (or in LA in April each year)

My distance learning program was design for absolute beginners and for my long time students too (the ones far from me)

I am lucky to have simple exercices and very detailed instructions, it's working very well.

I just met some distance learning program students in LA and other travels...for waigong, tendons and health it's great !

But it's traditional :) slow pace, little information at a time but every 2 weeks

I started that for my traveling students and kept it going because it worked.

I am very traditional in my teaching, some say little too much, but it's the only way I know.

the translation of my books are coming to US and UK soon, the first one is done and waiting publishing (my website have more english texts than before : sergeaugier.com )

Thank you for the interest.
Serge Augier
Santi

Postby Andy_S on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:47 am

With no disrespect to Serge, but if you are in NYC, there are a range of very good IMA masters teaching at full time schools who you can learn from in person:
Li Ti-liang (Bagau, Xinyi, Sanda)
Ren Guang-yi (Chen Taiji)
William Chen (CMC Taiji)
"Sifu Rudy" (Bagua, HsingI, Taiji)
Those are just off the top of my head, and I have never even lived in the Big Apple.

I would imagine you would also be able to get in touch with Novell (Black Taoist) who is one of the very few people who is seriously trying to make his IMA viable in actual fighting competition. I would imagine he has good contacts and can point you in the right direction
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:22 am

Well forum member Craig is taking Serge's long distance course, and says they're great. Highly detailed and progressive :)

I disagree that you can't learn things over Skype etc. 

Serge, I'm eagerly awaiting the English translations of your books!
Ian

Postby edededed on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:19 am

NYC does seem to be a CMA hotspot of sorts - you could even make a list of stuff to possibly learn, and then choose something of your liking!

Serge's stuff does seem quite interesting, on the other hand...
edededed
Great Old One

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan