Martial Arts Christmas Gift Ideas + water bag discussion

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Martial Arts Christmas Gift Ideas + water bag discussion

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:34 am

http://cookdingskitchen.blogspot.co.il/ ... tists.html

Since one item recommended is a water-filled heavy bag, I shall use the opportunity to open another discussion concerning that idea. It seems to me that highly condensed fluid can make for exceptionally good punching bags, for specific bag designs. Yesterday I took a leather double-double end bag in my school (a double-end bag with head and torso) and modified it. I had taken out the rubber tubes, usually inflated with air. Instead, I put in 3 balloons, inserted inside of each other. The innermost balloon, I filled with water while they were all inside the bag, with only the opening sticking out. I then tied each with one knot. The result had been a far superior double-double end bag, which feels much closer and moves more like the real thing. It is not as good as the bag I recommended in the article, but it is a lot nicer than with the air filling. Having tested it with quite a few blows, it did not explode or rip apart... yet :D However, the balloon filling is so ridiculously cheap and easy to do, that I guess I wouldn't mind.
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Re: Martial Arts Christmas Gift Ideas + water bag discussion

Postby WVMark on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:27 am

Thanks. Never saw the MaxxMMA bag. Looks nice. Might get one.
WVMark
Huajing

Re: Martial Arts Christmas Gift Ideas + water bag discussion

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:32 am

WVMark wrote:Thanks. Never saw the MaxxMMA bag. Looks nice. Might get one.

Funny enough, you know where I first saw it? They sent one to master Wong, of youtube craziness fame! ;D Seemed to feel good in the video, and did not disappoint.

jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan