southern taijiquan lineage

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: southern taijiquan lineage

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:48 am

I have never heard any reports of ysc taking on anyone
In a place like hk if it happened you think you would hear of it
What is your source
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Bugang on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:19 pm

yeniseri wrote:
But I don't totally agree. We have old literary evidence of something called 37 postures and a few other names on presumably tai chi similar arts. We also have Tai Chi similar training in shaolin and arts, postures, sequences and slow form practice. Tai Chi is not so unique in it's appearance if you look at TCMA as one might think. So there's definitely connections and evidence that parts of what is called Tai Chi Chuan and much of how its practiced is older than Chen style. The name Tai Chi Chuan was invented to describe the art of Yang Luchan, not Chen Fist. Now, we know that Yang Luchan had more MA background than Chen style. How much Luchan took from other styles when he created his own forms and variations, and how much was from Chen style, we don't know. And BTW, how much of "Chen Family Fist" was actually created in Chenjiagou? The truth is that no one single person created Tai Chi. The art is a synthesis of different parts and traditions brought together by many different people. Where and when the art starts or has enough distinctive properties and qualities to be called Tai Chi....

amor/Bao, Thanks for showing this form? What is its origin as I have never heard of this Saqi descriptive from any Yang source?

It'sw this: http://www.taichi37.co.uk/taiji-37.html
I think it's interesting. But decide for yourself...
*Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other Plans*
Bugang
Mingjing

Postby Bugang on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:28 pm

yeniseri wrote:My questions are as follows:
1. Why believe something that has no basis in any reality since all taijiquan, actually Chen village family style, has its orignins in Chenjiagou

Chen style was created in Chenjiagou, no question about that. But that doesn't mean that Taijiquan was created there.

1. There are indications of pre Chenjiagou IMA which (probably) is even more similar to Yang Style than Chen style.
2. The name Tai achieve was invented by a student of Yang Luchan to describe the personal art of this master.
3. Yang Luchan had a very good CMA background before entering Chen village and we know that there are Shaolin arts that are very similar to tai chi chuan.
What Yang Luchan created and was called tai chi was not only based on Chen Family fist. Chen family fist was only one of his influences, Chen jiagou was "one stop on the road".

So far no one has convinced me that Chen style is or even resembles the first "taijiquan", or why Chen style should be called Taijiquan.

... I know I will get killed for this... [/quote]

surely not.
quite contrary, I think these are good points. And with DD and D Wile and others who raise similar questions you are in good company
*Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other Plans*
Bugang
Mingjing

Postby amor on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:54 pm

Bugang wrote:
It'sw this: http://www.taichi37.co.uk/taiji-37.html
I think it's interesting. But decide for yourself...

Thanks for resurrecting this old thread, I don't practice the taiji37 form myself however it is based on something similar to the taiji37, it's similar to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWiv6a51iqo

It's a good form should be done as slow as possible and it's almost spontaneous.
Last edited by amor on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
amor
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan