How many of you...

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: How many of you...

Postby dragontigerpalm on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:58 pm

[quote="Chris McKinley"]dragontigerpalm,

RE: "But I can't help feeling that your reluctance to respond is a little like sticking your fingers in your ears and going nanananana". Funnily, that's how your behavior on this matter was striking me. I have already discussed this matter in far more precise and exacting physiological and tactical detail than you were using and you still remained unconvinced. There is no more detail left to discuss, unless you know something about the trauma physiology of this kind of attack that I don't. Therefore, I don't see the point of any further discussion of it with you.

Chris,
I have remained open to discussion throughout this thread and even began my silly little survey knowing full well that my experience might be shown to be unique or uncommon. While you are very knowledgeable and have expressed yourself with "far more precise and exacting physiological and tactical detail" than I you have either on purpose or by omission failed to address several issues. So be it. Trauma physiology, however, was never one of them nor a point of disagreement. I enjoy and learn from most of your postings and I hope that our different opinions on this thread do not become a basis for contention. I will now stop beating this dead horse. -deadhorse-
Last edited by dragontigerpalm on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby Chris McKinley on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:55 pm

dragontigerpalm,

Yeah, you're open to discussion. I'm certainly not suggesting otherwise, just so that you understand I fully acknowledge that. However, if you can point out any specific detail at all that I have failed to address, nevermind "several issues", in explaining both the tactical and mechanical involvement and the specific physiological effects of strikes occurring to the occiput in surprise assaults, I'd be glad to cover it for you. I'm not looking for contention either, or I wouldn't have invested so much energy into this exchange, but I quite literally don't see any factor at all that hasn't been explicitly detailed in my previous posts. Not saying it doesn't exist; I just don't see it.

At the end of the discussion, even with every relevant minute detail covered, if you still remain convinced of whatever it is that you choose to be convinced, that's fine with me. I'm really not asking you to believe anything at that point, so it could just be a point on which we will have to disagree. Nothing says we can't. If that's where we are, it's fine; we can move on. It's certainly not worth getting unfriendly over.
Chris McKinley

Postby dragontigerpalm on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:09 am

Chris,
I appreciate your reply. We can just move on and consider other aspects of this and other threads. It's all good.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan