Some of my doubts about Xing Yi...

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Some of my doubts about Xing Yi...

Postby TommyLee on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:28 am

Hehe, no problem. I am 35 yo ;D
But I must admit, that I am sometimes acting like lazy 14 yo. -zzz- ;D

I got 2 kids that suck up significant amount of my strength through the day, so I am usually start practicing when they are asleep (9PM). ::)
That leaves me not to much time for training. But I try to train every evening things I know, San Ti, basic 5 elements, some variations, reverse stance. I am thinking to do this well for some time. If I learned anything, that is: repeat, repeat and repeat...! :)
Bad thing is that here there are no teachers to correct me, my stance, moves especially when I do some things totally wrong and loose balance. Even now after countless amounts of texts, several books and partner practice, solo also I still find my San Ti bit awkward.

I hope that someone opens Xing Yi club here...
Last edited by TommyLee on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
TommyLee
Santi

Postby GrahamB on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:38 am

If somebody does open a XingYi club, it will serve rum, oh and beer. Fine ales, probably.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby TommyLee on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:29 am

My mistake. Here in Croatia, all martial art schools are referred as "clubs" , although it is not bad idea to drink something after training! ;D
TommyLee
Santi

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan