SANTI-TRAINING

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: SANTI-TRAINING

Postby JANAV635 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:19 pm

Thanks!
JANAV635
Santi

Postby edededed on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:17 pm

PM - look at the top of the page to the right, click on "new messages."
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:02 am

TommyLee wrote:
kshurika wrote:I've always liked this article.

http://www.ycgf.org/Articles/XY_SanTiSh ... TiShi.html

I did read this one long time ago, but I noticed a while ago that on those pictures, guy stick out his elbows. :-X
That is beginner mistake. Talking from personal experience... ;D

::) Dude. Please.
Chris Fleming

Postby Chris McKinley on Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:58 pm

Walter,

I was just throwing in some self-deprecating humor and making recommendations that someone might make if they were afraid of a little hard work and sweat. Doing what I recommended won't get you anything but self-deluded; I hope that was humorously apparent.

As to sweating from standing work, that reminds me of when I first introduced Taijiquan to the University of Oklahoma Sooners football team several years ago. These guys were all in great shape, capable of two-a-day practices, working out, etc. I got their attention when I simply taught them how to do standing pole. After about 5 minutes, they were sweating, shaking, whining, etc. I remained diplomatic, but inside I was ROFLing. Their coach, on the other hand, delighted in questioning their masculinity if just standing there was making them tired. Good times.
Chris McKinley

Postby Walter Joyce on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:37 pm

Chris McKinley wrote:Walter,

I was just throwing in some self-deprecating humor and making recommendations that someone might make if they were afraid of a little hard work and sweat. Doing what I recommended won't get you anything but self-deluded; I hope that was humorously apparent.

As to sweating from standing work, that reminds me of when I first introduced Taijiquan to the University of Oklahoma Sooners football team several years ago. These guys were all in great shape, capable of two-a-day practices, working out, etc. I got their attention when I simply taught them how to do standing pole. After about 5 minutes, they were sweating, shaking, whining, etc. I remained diplomatic, but inside I was ROFLing. Their coach, on the other hand, delighted in questioning their masculinity if just standing there was making them tired. Good times.

Chris,

I caught the humor, next time I'll include one of these :D
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:29 pm

Chris McKinley wrote:As to sweating from standing work, that reminds me of when I first introduced Taijiquan to the University of Oklahoma Sooners football team several years ago. These guys were all in great shape, capable of two-a-day practices, working out, etc. I got their attention when I simply taught them how to do standing pole. After about 5 minutes, they were sweating, shaking, whining, etc. I remained diplomatic, but inside I was ROFLing. Their coach, on the other hand, delighted in questioning their masculinity if just standing there was making them tired. Good times.

great story. similarly, my older daughter's 7th grade teacher (a taiji practitioner in his spare time) used to make the kids do the "holding the ball" stance at the back of the room if they were not paying attention in class.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan