Huang Bai-Nien on Dragon Baguazhang & Xingyiquan Striking

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Huang Bai-Nien on Dragon Baguazhang & Xingyiquan Striking

Postby neijia_boxer on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:23 am

Last edited by neijia_boxer on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
neijia_boxer

Re: Huang Bai-Nien on Dragon Baguazhang & Xingyiquan Striking

Postby kenneth fish on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:33 am

Huang Bonian's son lived in Taipei. Dan Miller interviewed him at length and asked about the two books that are attributed to him - apparently not much of what was written originated from Huang.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:52 am

That is contrary to what I have heard. Some people from Taiwan said that Huang Bai-nian had published two books, but wrote about 100 based on his master and working with professional instructors like Sun Lu-Tang, Chen Pang-Ling, Wu Jian-Quan, and others.

Last night I went through the Pakua Chang Journal CD will all the issues to see if I could find anything Dan Miller may have wrote on Huang, but could not find any. Ironically I did find some good advice from Dr. Gary Stier on TCM and his Shen Men Tao system....and in Vol. 1, I saw your article Ken called "Too many Masters" how you tell the community only you and maybe 3 other people are the only ones in America that know and can teach Baguazhang and Xingyiquan. Seems like your negative attitude is evident back in 1991 as it still is today.

The content of the article is what is important, applying the knowledge and skill to practice into body-mind awareness.
neijia_boxer

Postby Fa Xing on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:52 pm

Neiji_boxer check Journal issue 4-3, page 12 which has info on Huang Bonian, and then his son right after that. Issues 4-5, 4-6, 7-1 also mention him.
Dr. Troy Schott
Doctor of Chiropractic
Lead Instructor, Ground Dragon Martial Arts
https://grounddragonma.com/
Fa Xing
Anjing

Postby shawnsegler on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:56 pm

I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:06 pm

Matt: I was not questioning the value of the material, but rather its attribution.

As for my article - you are distorting the opening paragraph. I am attaching a link to a jpg of the article here for anyone who wants to read it.

[url][URL=http://s1025.photobucket.com/user/pdfplace/media/2many_zpsp7elrxfz.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan