Small translation of some of Chen yingning's notes on taijiq

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Small translation of some of Chen yingning's notes on taijiq

Postby novamma on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:55 am

Maybe you can add some woo-woo mystical aspect of the translations so that the people who believe in "qi balls" and "invisible no touch knockouts and fajin" can have a boner parade.
novamma

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:08 am

novamma wrote:Maybe you can add some woo-woo (恶恶 Wuwu) mystical aspect of the translations so that the people who believe in "qi balls" (氣蛋蛋 Qi Dandan) and "invisible no touch knockouts and fajin" can have a boner parade (勃起標榜 Boqi Biaobang).

Done.

Oh wait you meant on the other stuff.

:-\

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:14 am

Not my intention at all.

Chen Yingning even wrote in his commentary on the book Le Yutang "people have said that I am superstitious, but having practiced for all these years, I am anything but superstitious."
The documents from this practice represent the end of a long period of development in Daoism and the harmonization of "Dao Tong" culture (culture connected by Daoism). None of the things written in these documents is mystical at all and all of the effects spoken about can really be achieved in this lifetime.
Things like converting Jing to Qi is an actual physical manifestation of meditation practice. Many people also felt that this idea was in harmony with the principles of the internal martial arts, and so they incorporated it into their practice.
The internal martial arts are not only martial, they are cultural and martial (wen wu) and to balance the martial and the cultural, there are many techniques for self cultivation contained within them.
Anyone who is willing to seriously investigate these things can find out for themselves, this is all verifiable by practice.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:48 am

There's some translations of Chen's already in English: https://books.google.com/books?id=va5Bi ... ng&f=false

I'm grateful that I have an already accomplished teacher(s), but our lineage does come directly from Zhang Boduan. So the practices are not trial and error, like how Chen Yingning learned. Everything has already been figured out. It's pretty cut and dry path but ours is a fun way, as it's been blended with the martial practices.

One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:07 pm

No la MMA, we not talking MMA here, and yes we do talk wu wu (無無)and xuanxuan (玄玄)here.
Overlord

Postby Yuen-Ming on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Chen lived in a period of transformation so his works must be read and evaluated in context.
I suggest reading Liu Xun's work http://www.amazon.com/Daoist-Modern-Inn ... Monographs and maybe http://www.amazon.com/Daoism-Twentieth- ... rspectives
Many in his group practiced also some kind of martial arts, mostly "so-called" internal, but in my opinion none at any decent level of skills

Best

YM
Yuen-Ming
Huajing

Postby Overlord on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:16 am

mixjourneyman wrote:Not my intention at all.

Chen Yingning even wrote in his commentary on the book Le Yutang "people have said that I am superstitious, but having practiced for all these years, I am anything but superstitious."
The documents from this practice represent the end of a long period of development in Daoism and the harmonization of "Dao Tong" culture (culture connected by Daoism). None of the things written in these documents is mystical at all and all of the effects spoken about can really be achieved in this lifetime.
Things like converting Jing to Qi is an actual physical manifestation of meditation practice. Many people also felt that this idea was in harmony with the principles of the internal martial arts, and so they incorporated it into their practice.
The internal martial arts are not only martial, they are cultural and martial (wen wu) and to balance the martial and the cultural, there are many techniques for self cultivation contained within them.
Anyone who is willing to seriously investigate these things can find out for themselves, this is all verifiable by practice.

Chen Yingning is probably the first one openly separate cultivation to immortality and religious practice. I favour this mentality.
I think Taiwan somehow preserves well on loads of cultivation and correlates them with anatomical structure. I favour this practicality. :)
Overlord

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan