kundalini experience

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: kundalini experience

Postby lazyboxer on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Ron Panunto wrote:
Doc Stier wrote:The surest sign of an educated mind is the ability to entertain a thought without accepting it. ;)

You mean like the earth is flat and global warming doesn't exist?

Exactly so! Truth sense doesn't chase after True Religion and no-one is obliged to force anyone to accept or believe anything. Your notions about what's self-evident may differ from mine, but it's always best to feel free to discuss anything and everything without having to get our knickers in a twist - or life would be no fun at all. :)

Goddammit - why do some people have to be so serious and heavy all the time?
Living well is the best revenge.
lazyboxer
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:02 pm

lazyboxer wrote:Exactly so! Truth sense doesn't chase after True Religion and no-one is obliged to force anyone to accept or believe anything. Your notions about what's self-evident may differ from mine, but it's always best to feel free to discuss anything and everything without having to get our knickers in a twist - or life would be no fun at all. :)

Goddammit - why do some people have to be so serious and heavy all the time?

This is true. To me, I listen to what others say, but I don't allow that to be my operating system.
I compartmentalize their beliefs as "noted" as a possibility only. Even my own experiences are treated the same way.
If I have an experience, I just say wow cool and move on. Clinging is the danger.

I had a good friend and co-worker who one day started coming to work with a bible.
Every time I seen him he was carrying a bible. He changed overnight.
I asked him what's up. He said that he's born again and that all kinds of miracles were being performed at his church.
I said what miracles?
People who couldn't walk were blessed and healed and all that stuff.
I told him it was fake. He got so mad at me and told me that the lord rebukes me, I don't even know what rebuke means, don't sound good. lol!
He has let these falsehoods become his main operating system and anything that conflicted with his operating system
couldn't be heard because it would crash the computer.
Years went by, Then I seen my old friend again, he had no bible. I said, where's your bible?
He said "it was all rigged". I said what? He said that later, once the head of the church had known him well and trusted him, They asked
him to fake an injury and come forth to be healed. After the healings the bucket is sent around for denotations.
The bigger the miracle, the more feverish the money would come in.
Now i'm not against any one religion or anyone's beliefs, but as you can see from this true event, having a belief system may not be what it appears.

This was a very tragic thing that happened to my friend, he was very happy in life until the truth revealed itself.
This was one of the worst deeds I ever seen, to intentionally hype people with excitement of the lords powers and then extort money from them.
Last edited by willie on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
willie

Postby lazyboxer on Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:24 am

Willie,

Grifter's Law #1:

Tell people what they want to hear and they will always believe you.
Last edited by lazyboxer on Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Living well is the best revenge.
lazyboxer
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:10 am

trying to get somewhat back on topic, meeks, although epistemology is an ok tangent.

I've never encountered anything visual like this at all, just electric/magnetic/fluid "energy" feeling. I'm not necessarily interested in kundalini unless you loosely say taiji as qigong is the same sort of thing. Did you find some kind of visual experience always accompanied any other sort of feeling during qigong?
Last edited by everything on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:29 pm

wiesiek wrote:
meditation can stabilize imbalance in the neurons acid don`t.

Personally, i dont think this is correct. LSD has been shown to have immense physical/mental health benefits, theres lots of studies worth checking out if your interested.

@spencer
during the acid trip you may experience higher state of mind, which can be , of course , beneficial for your health, particularly - if you work with experienced on this field guide.
BUT
They are very short "flashes" during whole trip.
Meditation opening up the gate. You are there all the time.
Quite different, really...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby willie on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:02 pm

wiesiek wrote:wiesiek wrote:

Personally, i dont think this is correct. LSD has been shown to have immense physical/mental health benefits, theres lots of studies worth checking out if your interested.

@spencer
during the acid trip you may experience higher state of mind, which can be , of course , beneficial for your health, particularly - if you work with experienced on this field guide.
BUT

Hi, hey I read your post. there was a car mechanic I met while building an engine, he was very smart. a couple years later I seen him again
and he was all messed up. he tried LSD and something went wrong, he is now retarded.
could you tell me more about the rest of your post, I don't do drugs but I would like to hear, p.m. if you like.
thanks
Last edited by willie on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby wiesiek on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:39 am

Hi willie,
I don`t do drugs either, just the natural herbs, but have some experience with psychoactive plants/substances and know therapists/shamans using it for treatments.
I have no draw backs for discussing it openly,
so
what do you like to know?
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby willie on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:01 am

wiesiek wrote:Hi willie,
I don`t do drugs either, just the natural herbs, but have some experience with psychoactive plants/substances and know therapists/shamans using it for treatments.
I have no draw backs for discussing it openly,
so
what do you like to know?

Please tell about the gate. what's it look like?
willie

Postby wiesiek on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:28 am

really BIG with very small keyhole...
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Spncr on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:02 am

willie wrote:
wiesiek wrote:wiesiek wrote:

@spencer
BUT

Hi, hey I read your post. there was a car mechanic I met while building an engine, he was very smart. a couple years later I seen him again
and he was all messed up. he tried LSD and something went wrong, he is now retarded.
could you tell me more about the rest of your post, I don't do drugs but I would like to hear, p.m. if you like.
thanks

I doubt that person will have become retarded from LSD directly, maybe indirectly by injury although thats probably rarer than alcohol causing it in the same way... its IMO more likely due to stupidity, irresponsibility or just bad luck... or they may have bought something that was tainted and not pure (see stupidity and irresponsibility.) LSD has tons of potential for treating a range of health issues, its been held back from being used for a number of reasons just like many other safer-than-pharmaceutical alternatives have been. On the bright side, even the US is getting back into checking out its potential
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/0 ... 06596.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lsd ... c55051f453

PS I'm just about to go to sleep after 2 days of traveling home which included some unexpected layovers yay, otherwise I would have dug around for something a little more substantial than two huffingtonpost articles lol. FWIW
Last edited by Spncr on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spncr
Huajing

Postby Spncr on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:40 am

Made that post late last night and just woke up and thought that its worth reminding people (including myself) to stay on topic. If willie or wiesiek or anyone else wants to discuss the medicinal or shamanistic uses of psychedelics, you guys should start a new thread in the off topic section. I'm still interested in hearing peoples kundalini related experiences and I'm sure some others are too
Spncr
Huajing

Postby 100kilos on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:27 pm

I also agree with above. Would be interested to see more people talk about their experiences.
100kilos
Anjing

Postby qiphlow on Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:00 pm

wiesiek wrote:

BUT

yep. it's being high vs. getting high
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby dspyrido on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:24 pm

After skim reading this thread I have one glaring question for everyone. What do you feel this has got to do with ima specifically? (Note: emphasis is on combat)

No I am not trying to derail the thread. I am asking because I am actually curious if you feel indian yogic practise, lsd, deep meditation or other related aspects have relevance to ima? If so how does this flow onto martial/combat context? What objective tests have you run around this? Barring that what has it provided you anectodotaly & is repeatable in its results?

I am asking what you (as in everyone responding) believes. Not what you have heard from others.

And yes happy to post this elsewhere.
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby willie on Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:54 pm

dspyrido wrote:After skim reading this thread I have one glaring question for everyone. What do you feel this has got to do with ima specifically? (Note: emphasis is on combat)

No I am not trying to derail the thread. I am asking because I am actually curious if you feel indian yogic practise, lsd, deep meditation or other related aspects have relevance to ima? If so how does this flow onto martial/combat context? What objective tests have you run around this? Barring that what has it provided you anectodotaly & is repeatable in its results?

I am asking what you (as in everyone responding) believes. Not what you have heard from others.

And yes happy to post this elsewhere.

Hi dspyrido, I was going to talk about that because I have a couple things that I wanted to say but chose not too.
I started meditating at about 15 years old. no guide, no instructions, don't know why, just did.
any way's years later still nothing. I was doing MMA. any way's finally I found something visually cool. I went to school,
win some/lose some, it didn't help. Now it's been years since then and I came real close to a few altercation's
I remember thinking wow, I cant believe I was that calm, I never used to be that calm, and even after those close call's
I was also shocked because within 2 min after the close call, I was completely normal and happy again. That shit would have ruined my
whole day in the past. in-short, I think that if your calm you can make the right choices at the right time.
Martial is important, but so is happiness.
Thanks
Last edited by willie on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
willie

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan