LHPF - training methodology?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: LHPF - training methodology?

Postby Yeung on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:37 am

chinwoo1956 wrote:Hi

Interesting information and discussion but change direction a little. Has anyone any info, teachers, history, content etc. on Liuhebafa in the rest of China apart from Wu Yuhui linage in Shanghai. Liang Shouyu Liuhebafa ?

Interesting, one source said he learned from Zhou Shusheng 周树生, Wu Yihui linaege in Guangxi where he stayed during the War. LHBF pole performed by Zhou Shusheng:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEJZxeN-Vdc
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:59 am

Serena wrote:
Yeung wrote:The problem with LHBF is that it does not have Daotong.

I'm not so sure this is a problem, because the LHBF we have today is a synthesis from among at least three teachers' instruction. Even if none of them had any kind of inheritance, it is likely that Wu Yihui pieced together something worthy of study.

It is a problem when people talk about Daotong, as some sects in Taiwan claim to have Daotong with a lineage to Fu Xi whom the way of heaven was given. On the other hand, the Huashan lineage of Quanzhen from Chen Tuan currently down to the 24th Tai, 25th Yu, and 26th Wan generations. And they did not appear to have any association with LHBF.

People talk about Zan Zhuang mixed with alchemistic practice of neidan as LHBF is also a problem.

Can we continue to discuss training methodology without interruption?
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:52 am

Yeung wrote:
chinwoo1956 wrote:Hi

Interesting information and discussion but change direction a little. Has anyone any info, teachers, history, content etc. on Liuhebafa in the rest of China apart from Wu Yuhui linage in Shanghai. Liang Shouyu Liuhebafa ?

Interesting, one source said he learned from Zhou Shusheng 周树生, Wu Yihui linaege in Guangxi where he stayed during the War. LHBF pole performed by Zhou Shusheng:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEJZxeN-Vdc

Pan Yanliu 潘炎流,a Guilin student of Wu Yihui?
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Overlord on Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Yeung wrote:
Serena wrote:
Yeung wrote:The problem with LHBF is that it does not have Daotong.

I'm not so sure this is a problem, because the LHBF we have today is a synthesis from among at least three teachers' instruction. Even if none of them had any kind of inheritance, it is likely that Wu Yihui pieced together something worthy of study.

It is a problem when people talk about Daotong, as some sects in Taiwan claim to have Daotong with a lineage to Fu Xi whom the way of heaven was given. On the other hand, the Huashan lineage of Quanzhen from Chen Tuan currently down to the 24th Tai, 25th Yu, and 26th Wan generations. And they did not appear to have any association with LHBF.

People talk about Zan Zhuang mixed with alchemistic practice of neidan as LHBF is also a problem.

Can we continue to discuss training methodology without interruption?

Yeung,

The biggest problem with you and some of others have in this thread is
1, You want to know more LHBF
2, You don't acknowledge past masters and give them the credit
3, You don't acknowledge the current people with direct lineage
4, You think what he say is BS.

So what is there to talk about, you don't even ZZ ( no I don't mean you sleeping, though you probably do that as training ).
It's better for you to do 5 mins ZZ than talking hours gossiping on lineage~ it's not constructive to you and a waste of time.
Stop trolling ~ books are books, but teachings are teachings~

Suck says clearly : 文人論武 Scholars discuss combat, 婊子說書 Bitches/prostitutes declare virginities
Of course if he can change name to SuckWFWT I respect him even more. :)
Nevertheless with physical study like this mentors are important ~ regardless of schools~
And different schools have different standards and expectations.

Cheers,
Overlord

Postby Serena on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:04 pm

`
Last edited by Serena on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serena
Mingjing

Postby Overlord on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:43 pm

Serena,

Hmm... If I don't have time, will do 30 mins ZZ daily~
If I have time, I do more, and other stuff.
But it is no where enough. ZZ 30 mins is minimal.

What do you mean by insulting? How did I insult you?
Are your insulted by statement ZZ is important?
What Has it got to do with you, you are not even practicing LHBF with ZZ AFAIK? ( All past LHBF did ZZ, like it or not)
You are a Taiji girl and I will say that is something I know absolutely nothing about.
In fact, I will say I know no jacks shit in Chen taiji, and I won't dare make any weird comments regarding to its lineage and style of practice, that I consider an insult. Honestly, there are tricks and they are all hidden in ZZ.

Cheers,
Overlord

Postby Serena on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:27 pm

`
Serena
Mingjing

Postby Strange on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:08 am

Serena wrote:Anyone who has spent any time training CMA knows the occasional trick, this does not make you a master.

can you tell me who on this thread declared him/herself a master?
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Serena on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:02 am

`
Serena
Mingjing

Postby suckinlhbf on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:13 am

Strange wrote:

come and touch hands
you know chinese right? 行家一出手 便知有没有
this is what we do
the Solid Strange, guaran-damn-tee it will dispel much of your doubt and questions.

Its what and how LHBF people do, train, and learn. They are trained to interact by hands, not mouth. It doesn't mean they declare themselves as a master. They are honest to the art, and cannot hide themselves behind all the talking.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:27 am

Leung Tze Pang (1900-1974) and May Lin Shin were into Zan Zhuang. Professor Pengsi Yu,the teacher of Leung combined Zan Zhuang with Tibetan Buddhist meditative practice while May Lin Shin the student of Leung was a Taoist monk. People here talk about ZZ and Taotong instead of LHBF as a martial art should be open to scepticism regarding their remarks.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:56 am

"They are honest to the art, and cannot hide themselves behind all the talking."

Well spoken
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:58 am

Leung Tze Pang (1900-1974) and May Lin Shin were into Zan Zhuang. Professor Pengsi Yu,the teacher of Leung combined Zan Zhuang with Tibetan Buddhist meditative practice while May Lin Shin the student of Leung was a Taoist monk. People here talk about ZZ and Taotong instead of LHBF as a martial art should be open to scepticism regarding their remarks.

I happened to have spent sometime with a student of Wang XiangZhai. He shared a small office with Leung Tze Pang in Wanchai, and saw how and when Leung learnt Yi Chuan. Pengsi Yu is also in Yi Chuan. ZZ is the core training of Yi Chuan. We would not be surprise that they were in ZZ.

Wei Tuo Gong is well documented in Wu's book in the curriculum. It is a set of ZZ training, and is strictly only for those after Baizi in the old tradition. I hope it helps on clarifying the "scepticism".

We should be honest to the art, to the history, and to what we say to be responsible. And we should be able to filter what we have heard, and read for the truth no matter you are a researcher or nobody.
Last edited by suckinlhbf on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:35 am

"We should be honest to the art, to the history, and to what we say to be responsible. And we should be able to filter what we have heard, and read for the truth no matter you are a researcher or nobody."

Again well stated
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:49 am

Yeung wrote:
suckinlhbf wrote:Let's not go sideway. Do you know the first move of the main form is 十六錠金。 sixteen pieces of gold.

Thanks, it is brilliant in changing the 16 character song to 20 character rhymes in LHBF:

一吸便提,息息歸臍,
一提便嚥,水火相見

一吸气便提,气气可归脐。
一提气便咽,水火得相见.

One inhale then lift, every breath to navel, one lift then swallow, water and fire meet.

Training method of Swallowing saliva for health is from Sun Simiao (died 682), he was a great medical doctor in the Tang dynasty (618-907). Another example of non-Taoist origin, please noted that Dao 导 in Daoyin means direct and not 道 in Taoism.

The breathing system in LHBF is very interesting and simple but some people took it as the reverse breathing technique.

Without elevating the shoulders and lifting the arms as high as possible and exhale to the extreme, and then take a swallowing before inhale. Have you tried this technique?
Yeung
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan