LHPF - training methodology?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: LHPF - training methodology?

Postby suckinlhbf on Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:56 am

It is good that you notice the difference while basically there is not difference in the written forms

Yeung,
Sorry, I get a feeling that you are playing around with me on the written words. I apologize if I am wrong. If not, please don't. I can see the danger in the method you have mentioned from my experience. People nowadays learn from books, CDs, internet.... And they will listen to you as you are a grand master level guy. Either we say it honestly and correctly or shut up.
Anyhow, you put up a good point here. We have our own perception from the messages we come across from reading, listening, or in whatever forms. However, its our perception and may not be right. If we have a qualified teacher, we are lucky. Or we screw up. I have seen so many people get injured from their practice. We can see from their dark and dull face with purple lip. Fortunately, people talk much, and do less. Only Read Five Words Song and LHBF Song do not get us to know LHBF. There are much more, or the whole LHBF system can be learnt in a day. Maybe it is what people nowadays want. Some organisations can teach the whole form in a week, and allure lots of people.
Last edited by suckinlhbf on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:59 am

You have just made a it very clear Yeung, that you are without experience in this art, or maybe you have studied wrong for many many years. Even the lowest level charlatan of a teacher cannot pretend to teach LHPF in a week. And even one who has gotten honest transmission will not have it in his heart to do such, to besmirch this art. Sorry your book knowledge is not going to help you in this art.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:35 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:Yeung, to lift the arm without raising the shoulder, one must have the ability to raise the arm without using the arm, I would like to know how this is done physically. If you can explain this it will go a long way in helping to understand how to control the breath properly in accordance with the " the five word song ", this methodology will be helpful. Thank you. Anyone who can explain this does a service to those who study LHPF.

Well, maybe my choice of words is not good regarding the differenes of raising and elevating. If you look at the videos of Chen Yiren and will notice that he did not elevate his shoulder in doing his forms. If you consider that as raising the arm and shoulder than my description is not correct.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:47 am

suckinlhbf wrote:
It is good that you notice the difference while basically there is not difference in the written forms

Yeung,
Sorry, I get a feeling that you are playing around with me on the written words. I apologize if I am wrong. If not, please don't. I can see the danger in the method you have mentioned from my experience. People nowadays learn from books, CDs, internet.... And they will listen to you as you are a grand master level guy. Either we say it honestly and correctly or shut up.
Anyhow, you put up a good point here. We have our own perception from the messages we come across from reading, listening, or in whatever forms. However, its our perception and may not be right. If we have a qualified teacher, we are lucky. Or we screw up. I have seen so many people get injured from their practice. We can see from their dark and dull face with purple lip. Fortunately, people talk much, and do less. Only Read Five Words Song and LHBF Song do not get us to know LHBF. There are much more, or the whole LHBF system can be learnt in a day. Maybe it is what people nowadays want. Some organisations can teach the whole form in a week, and allure lots of people.

suckinlhbf wrote:
Let's not go sideway. Do you know the first move of the main form is 十六錠金。 sixteen pieces of gold.

It was you who quoted the 16 pieces of gold, and I quoted the same thing from the 5 character song of LHBF. If you did not get your breathing method from LHBF that is okay with me but do not quote 16 pieces while LHBF already had it. I am sure the way you describe your method might lead to problems for some people.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:56 am

Sixteen pieces of gold, five word song, breath, swallow, breath, no matter the words, how is is done. It's not a language barrier , my question is, how does one go about lifting / raising, the arms? done properly it will not affect the shoulders or the breath,done incorrectly it is wasted movement from the start and sets the tone for every move there after, this will be bad practice,and many will study in such a way for a lifetime. As well, if one cannot answer this question, he will never recognize the subtlety of movement demonstrated by Chen Yiren, or any other accomplished master.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:05 am

I am sure the way you describe your method might lead to problems for some people

Thanks, Yeung. It would. Its the problem on discussing in an open forum so don't take anything serious. And at least, my method made the little brother of a 68 years old gent woke up, and a guy at 34 to last for more than 15 min. Its just an exchange of idea and no responsibilities will be taken.
To me, I appreciate your input on bringing up challenges in various ways even though you are not a LHBF person. If LHBF is an ultimate art as most of LHBF people believes (I can tell you I am not one of them), it should be able to stand for any challenges.
Last edited by suckinlhbf on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:27 pm

Wanderingdragon wrote:Sixteen pieces of gold, five word song, breath, swallow, breath, no matter the words, how is is done. It's not a language barrier , my question is, how does one go about lifting / raising, the arms? done properly it will not affect the shoulders or the breath,done incorrectly it is wasted movement from the start and sets the tone for every move there after, this will be bad practice,and many will study in such a way for a lifetime. As well, if one cannot answer this question, he will never recognize the subtlety of movement demonstrated by Chen Yiren, or any other accomplished master.

I am not sure what you mean, may be you would like to comment on the following:

LiuHeBaFa pose-01 by "Kam Tung" Sifu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbGJUdbqWVo
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Strange on Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:21 pm

Yeung, there is something wrong with your cognitive ability to understand.
i many different ways, i have tried to tell you that martial arts is something that has to be from your own experience.
you can cite all the master of LHBF up to and including Li DongFeng and still it would not make a difference
because you still do not practice art
so what are you talking about?

but as i said in my first line, i am sure you will continue to fail to understand
wasting your own time and wasting others time, making nonsense that impede everybody's progress including your own

i can only hope that you are a beginner type young person; if not it is my honest opinion that you have a serious problem
Last edited by Strange on Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:39 pm

Yeung, simply, not for me to comment, I am asking what you see, what is going on in this clip, what engines are working, how is Kam Tung laoshi making it happen.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:33 am

Yeung, a thread on " video links " lead me to this, I don't speak the language, but I can easily see the subtlety and recognize the machanics being demonstrated I. This clip. It is text book LHPF methodology, if you can explain it, you are in position to share it, verbally, please maybe you would like to translate for us non speakers.

https://youtu.be/1INtCjbdwJA
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:23 am

All in English:

V#001 LHBF Master Hui Kit Wah History of LHBF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=890Wel97ykw

V#002 LHBF Upper Form - Master Hui Kit Wah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9N9Cstx6po

Master Hui -Liuhebafa - Water Boxing - Internal Power Energy Release
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlexNaDwvVM
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:50 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:Yeung, a thread on " video links " lead me to this, I don't speak the language, but I can easily see the subtlety and recognize the machanics being demonstrated I. This clip. It is text book LHPF methodology, if you can explain it, you are in position to share it, verbally, please maybe you would like to translate for us non speakers.

I have asked your whether you have heard of the sayings such as torso directed hand movements and move as if you do not have forearm before, and you did not reply. In additional to these saying from the 5 Character song there is the saying of one touch immediately strike 一触力即发, and you can pick this up from the video.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:35 pm

Sorry, I am questioning your understanding, not the ability to use words. These answers I seek are quite simplistic, they do not need cryptic idioms to explain. The idioms and sayings are for those who do not understand to decipher, which in this thing we do can only be done by doing, and as such you will be able to say what you do. Again sorry, my request was to you, I don't see a need to give you the answers.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:38 pm

[quote="Yeung"][quote="Wanderingdragon"]Yeung, a thread on " video links " lead me to this, I don't speak the language, but I can easily see the subtlety and recognize the machanics being demonstrated I. This clip. It is text book LHPF methodology, if you can explain it, you are in position to share it, verbally, please maybe you would like to translate for us non speakers.

https://youtu.be/1INtCjbdwJA[/quote]

I have asked your whether you have heard of the sayings such as torso directed hand movements and move as if you do not have forearm before, and you did not reply. In additional to these saying from the 5 Character song there is the saying of one touch immediately strike 一触力即发, and you can pick this up from the video.[/quote]

Yes I have heard the sayings, I understand them, and can effect their meanings physically.

The question is how do these words manifest physically.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:54 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:
Yeung wrote:
Wanderingdragon wrote:Yeung, a thread on " video links " lead me to this, I don't speak the language, but I can easily see the subtlety and recognize the machanics being demonstrated I. This clip. It is text book LHPF methodology, if you can explain it, you are in position to share it, verbally, please maybe you would like to translate for us non speakers.

I have asked your whether you have heard of the sayings such as torso directed hand movements and move as if you do not have forearm before, and you did not reply. In additional to these saying from the 5 Character song there is the saying of one touch immediately strike 一触力即发, and you can pick this up from the video.

Yes I have heard the sayings, I understand them, and can effect their meanings physically.

The question is how do these words manifest physically.

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by you can effect their meaning physically and you want to know how do these words manifest physically. If you know how to do these techniques then what is the big deal about words? Have you learned these techniques or just developed overtime without knowing why?
Yeung
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan