LHPF - training methodology?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: LHPF - training methodology?

Postby suckinlhbf on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:59 am

Without elevating the shoulders and lifting the arms as high as possible and exhale to the extreme, and then take a swallowing before inhale. Have you tried this technique?

Yes, I do. The saliva wonderfully comes after inhale. I swallow the saliva and then exhale to the bottom. But can't have enough saliva from every inhale.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:12 pm

Can you please tell me how to lift the arms as high as possible without using the arm ?
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:15 pm

Can anyone tell me how to raise the arms as high as possible without using the arm ?
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Strange on Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:16 pm

Serena wrote:
Strange wrote:
Serena wrote:Anyone who has spent any time training CMA knows the occasional trick, this does not make you a master.

can you tell me who on this thread declared him/herself a master?

Strange wrote:come and touch hands
you know chinese right? 行家一出手 便知有没有
this is what we do
the Solid Strange, guaran-damn-tee it will dispel much of your doubt and questions.

Since i do challenge and also accept challenges on the internet forum
do you think you can make me a Grand Master?

did you know i also like to post cutie pics of cats and kittens?
any possibility of earning extra points? i mean like in Hogwarts right? the students there can earn extra points from the
Headmaster Dumbledore right?
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:32 pm

Why is this thread always steered away from methodology ?
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:32 am

Mencius said, 'The evil of men is that they like to be teachers of others.' (Li Lou I)
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:48 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:Can anyone tell me how to raise the arms as high as possible without using the arm ?

Without elevating the shoulders and raise the arms or hands is the starting form in the 66 forms. You have to compare different practitioners in doing it. It sort of involves two actions of depressing the shoulders and raising the arms. In a way this will active the muscles under your armpits, etc.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:06 am

suckinlhbf wrote:
Without elevating the shoulders and lifting the arms as high as possible and exhale to the extreme, and then take a swallowing before inhale. Have you tried this technique?

Yes, I do. The saliva wonderfully comes after inhale. I swallow the saliva and then exhale to the bottom. But can't have enough saliva from every inhale.

This is interesting, as the five character song said:

一吸气便提,气气可归脐。
一提气便咽,水火得相见.

One inhale then lift, every breath to navel, one lift then swallow, water and fire meet.

One should inhaled and then exhale, exhaled and then swallowing. But you exhale then inhale and then swallowing. There are reasons for swallowing before inhale.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:42 am

[quote="Yeung"][quote="Wanderingdragon"]Can anyone tell me how to raise the arms as high as possible without using the arm ?[/quote]

Without elevating the shoulders and raise the arms or hands is the starting form in the 66 forms. You have to compare different practitioners in doing it. It sort of involves two actions of depressing the shoulders and raising the arms. In a way this will active the muscles under your armpits, etc.[/quote]

The question is how is it done without using the arms ?
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:57 am

Yeung,

The method you have mentioned has a fundamental difference in what I have been doing. I understand Saliva is the treasure and main agent in bringing the breathing to the proper place so can get to embryo breathing eventually. The sixteen pieces of gold was passed down in the past verbally and was kept as strict secret. It has developed into difference methods. Nothing wrong but difference perception and preference depends on the practitioner. It is an effective and aggressive training method, and could easily get hurt especially with the difference in attitude and understanding of Xi, Yi, and natural in the past and nowadays. I would stop here as there are steps and processes to go with this training. Kwan Yuen (the live and death gate) could get hurt if not train properly. I think you know that there are some methods which would only be taught after some conditions and stages have been achieved. I learn it in the hard way.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:41 am

All sounds good, but none is accomplished if at first proper body method is not attained, without which the breathing can never be correct.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:54 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:
Wanderingdragon wrote:Can anyone tell me how to raise the arms as high as possible without using the arm ?

The question is how is it done without using the arms ?[/quote]

Your question is different to my description of raising the arms without elevating the shoulder. Maybe you can give me a reference to your question. There are sayings such as torso directed hand movements and move as if you do not have forearm, etc. This is an interesting aspect in Internal Martial Arts to differentiate from ideating.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:04 am

suckinlhbf wrote:Yeung,

The method you have mentioned has a fundamental difference in what I have been doing. I understand Saliva is the treasure and main agent in bringing the breathing to the proper place so can get to embryo breathing eventually. The sixteen pieces of gold was passed down in the past verbally and was kept as strict secret. It has developed into difference methods. Nothing wrong but difference perception and preference depends on the practitioner. It is an effective and aggressive training method, and could easily get hurt especially with the difference in attitude and understanding of Xi, Yi, and natural in the past and nowadays. I would stop here as there are steps and processes to go with this training. Kwan Yuen (the live and death gate) could get hurt if not train properly. I think you know that there are some methods which would only be taught after some conditions and stages have been achieved. I learn it in the hard way.

It is good that you notice the difference while basically there is not difference in the written forms. Lets not deviate from this thread to some alchemistic practices.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Strange on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:27 am

Yeung wrote:
suckinlhbf wrote:Yeung,

It is good that you notice the difference while basically there is not difference in the written forms. Lets not deviate from this thread to some alchemistic practices.

stating here for the record that Yeung is not qualified to discuss anything on LHBF
no teacher, no lineage, no practice, all talk, all paper discussion, pure hearsay and reading from books
attempt to discredit past masters, presumably to hijack LHBF name to suit his own idea of the fist
his intentions are not known and so far does not declare it
i take it as a sure sign of dishonesty and a behavior that is Machiavellian
Last edited by Strange on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:02 am

Yeung, to lift the arm without raising the shoulder, one must have the ability to raise the arm without using the arm, I would like to know how this is done physically. If you can explain this it will go a long way in helping to understand how to control the breath properly in accordance with the " the five word song ", this methodology will be helpful. Thank you. Anyone who can explain this does a service to those who study LHPF.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan