XYQ / XYKHQ / Dai Xin Yi community listing project

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

XYQ / XYKHQ / Dai Xin Yi community listing project

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:07 pm

The following is a file I created which is open for everyone to edit via the link below. Feel free to add the details of any teachers of these arts whom you know of to the list. Keep away from idiots and internet trolls, please.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GL92fORYNWyq_Etalf7JXTqllNj6Aq5UkBwOxhvCdkQ/edit?usp=sharing
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Re: XYQ / XYKHQ / Dai Xin Yi community listing project

Postby Taste of Death on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:36 pm

If you wanted to keep it away from idiots and internet trolls you wouldn't have posted it here.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:32 am

The list has accumulated 18 schools so far, which is a blessing 8-) Asked specifically, few people could by heart remember 18 different schools for these arts and provide their details without googling. This will also eventually provide us with a decent estimate of how many people are teaching these arts in the West. Please join the effort and add more :)
Last edited by jonathan.bluestein on Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:40 pm

Yeah, ToD was right, Internet trolls. Thanks to the open manner in which all can edit it there are already entries being defaced. ::)
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:54 pm

A single entry is being contested as a result of a silly argument between two gongfu brothers of the Kenny Gong lineage, one of whom is changing the contact details of the other. I keep track of that. This will eventually be resolved when I close the file for public editing after several dozen schools have been added. Afterwards new edits will pass through me. I would appreciate people being more cooperative and less cynical about such an important undertaking.
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby MaartenSFS on Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:17 am

Did you have a look at the lineage info I posted, Johnathan?

郭云深 (Guo Yunshen)》 刘勇奇 (Liu Yongqi) 》 王振邦 (Wang Zhenbang) 》 陈富 》 (Chen Fu) 吴洪谋 (Wu Hongmou - Who is teaching me now)
Last edited by MaartenSFS on Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:52 pm

Maarten, the file specifically is a teacher directory, not a lineage chart. But I'd be glad to see some images/videos and hear more about your new teacher :-)
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby MaartenSFS on Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:21 pm

Ah, sorry.. I was hoping to see where he fits in on the lineage chart that I thought that you made..
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan