Stuart Olsons private Chinese Book Collection

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Stuart Olsons private Chinese Book Collection

Postby Bugang on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:28 am

Chinese Books
Valley Spirit Arts Chinese Bookstore, offering a collection of mostly out-of-print and hard-to-find books donated from Stuart Alve Olson’s personal library. He is selling these works to help fund projects for the Sanctuary of Tao.
http://chinesebooks.valleyspiritarts.com/
*Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other Plans*
Bugang
Mingjing

Re: Stuart Olsons private Chinese Book Collection

Postby yeniseri on Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:27 pm

Perhaps due to inflation, the prices of the books have gone up 500% but one of my old teachers had an associate who owned the Peking Bookstore (Beijing Bookstore) in Evanston, IL and I got the Wu style book for about $3.00. I recall the Beijing 24 form chart cost $3.00, one of the cheaper books (Beijing shi taijiquan) was for $2.00 and I would cut them out to make a small chart for easy usage.
Another place was China Books and Periodicals but they closed a few years back. There is still an online presence.

Those were the days!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Bugang on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:55 am

Yes, sure these books are in a way "overpriced" with 30 to 40 USD. Some of them are really hard to find original releases from the 40ies to 60ties, some others are just the usual books that you still can find in HK for about 6 (US)Dollar. You have to decide if they are rare enough for you to justify the prices.
Bugang
Mingjing

Postby Bugang on Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:49 am

I found the 1934 Wu Jianquan yi dao there, giving the full Wu Style Lineage Details "before and after" Wu Jianquan :)
Bugang
Mingjing

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan