RSF Origins

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: RSF Origins

Postby wusong on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:44 am

I would like to thank those that founded and kept this community going. I am owe you much gratitude.
I'm out of the shadows and no longer lurking (here anyways).

peace out.
wusong
Santi

Postby wayne hansen on Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:19 pm

Thanks
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:38 am

I can't remember when I found the forum but I think it was around 2006-2007. Iirc it was Tao Joannes who turned me onto it from a myspace group. I don't post as much regularly but I am busier than I was then, still learning and practicing though. The old days were awesome. Cheers to many more awesome days! -drink-
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:42 am

Are Tao Jones and Origarmi Itto the same person?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:06 am

GrahamB wrote:Are Tao Jones and Origarmi Itto the same person?

Who is anybody, really? What defines an identity? Email account access? Passwords? Screen names? Blood alcohol/thc/lithium levels? Can you take credit and/or blame for things you can't remember?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:22 am

He's actually done a pretty good job of reducing the number of his pictures on the net to a very small number. I see that his "lijiaquan" dojo is still going strong...and goodonhim for that. If it gives him joy, then more power to him. I'll take the Z man over a Jake Mace any day of the week.

Wataahhhh!!!!

I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:18 pm

Looks like the same guy to me. I'd be interested in seeing a recent video. I remember the flood of various yang stuff way back when. I assume he was just getting started then. I also remember he was still happy to meet up and mix it up a bit with other board members like Bruce, too. That's always a good thing.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:38 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:

Looks like the same guy to me. I'd be interested in seeing a recent video. I remember the flood of various yang stuff way back when. I assume he was just getting started then. I also remember he was still happy to meet up and mix it up a bit with other board members like Bruce, too. That's always a good thing.

How kind of you to say.

Yes. same guy, I lost access to the email account I used for the TaoJoannes login and also wanted to put a little bit of distance between my current self and some of the shenanigans I confessed to publicly previously. I've got a real job now, couple of babies and a wife and stuff.

I'll see if anybody is okay with being filmed during push hands this weekend, if ya really wanna peep my sweet moves.

In full disclosure, I thought THIS was B**an's bullshit community at first. It's been a while, memory is faulty. I remember joining both just to stick with whichever won and was more fun.

Also, I like being anonymous, dammit.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:34 pm

shawnsegler wrote:Image

I see what his partner is doing there... You surreptitiously cut yourself under armpit to distract your opponent, and while they're busy pulling out a cellphone to call an ambulance for you, you quickly pull their headband over their eyes and kick them in the grouch! How deviously brilliant!!
Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Felipe Bidó on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:57 pm

I contacted David because I noticed he was using one of the photos that I got from my teacher (Jiang Rong Qiao and Dong Xiying in a fighting pose) in his first version of the Xingyiquan section of his personal page. He had a small forum back then, too. I told him I could send him more pictures and add info to his articles. He was just beginning XYQ at the moment. He told me: "Hey, what if we just grab all this and do like a Xingyiquan Encyclopedia?"... 16 years ago. Damn.
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby kakabapana on Mon May 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Is there any way to access old Rsf or EF posts?
kakabapana
Santi

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan