Beware of your prostate gland

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Beware of your prostate gland

Postby KEND on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:25 am

From the write up it appears that the problem was the colon not the prostate. Excessive pressure can cause problems such as hernia etc as weight lifters know, for the colon to be affected seems to indicate blockage or some other defect, which, under pressure from the abs, split.
The reverse breathing is a sucking in and if done correctly should not adversely affect the colon
KEND
Great Old One

Postby amor on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:14 am

KEND wrote:From the write up it appears that the problem was the colon not the prostate. Excessive pressure can cause problems such as hernia etc as weight lifters know, for the colon to be affected seems to indicate blockage or some other defect, which, under pressure from the abs, split.
The reverse breathing is a sucking in and if done correctly should not adversely affect the colon

Yes the writeup was referring to colon but I was highlighting to G that any practice involving a particular organ bodypart can be adversely affected, whether its the prostate or one of the main organs, if we attempt to do practices when not ready.

As for reverse breathing its not really something we should do from the start of our training imo, should be working upto it. I tend to use more of an expansion breath getting more and more expansive as you go on. Eventually you get to the point where reverse breathing becomes the new mode of breathing as the tendons and ligaments loosen up and the hips are square along with the upper part of the body, not twisted or bent, which is the ideal posture conducive to making the most of reverse breathing.

It is at this point when the tendons and ligaments loosen that provides us a window of opportunity to 'change' our body dynamics by working it according it to the dynamics of our internal martial arts practice. But its important to note that we don't keep loosening, we only loosen as much as we can get 'internal access' to whatever muscles or organs we intending to work. As I said it really is golden opportunity to change the body dynamics and health of our organs.
Last edited by amor on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
amor
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:25 am

amor wrote:
GrahamB wrote:I think this is related to the death of Huang Weilun recently - he ruptured his colon doing hard qigong. Tragic, RIP.

https://masterhuangweilun.shutterfly.com/

Yeah RIP, I remember he was the same guy who fixed a broken neck from some freak accident years earlier.

G I dont think the problem was the 'Hard qigong.' It might have, probably did, contribute to his demise but in and of itself it's not a dangerous practice providing you did it when you are ready.
It's like that chi weightlifting exercise written about somewhere in some mantak chia book where you strap a light weight to your genitals which you of all people have probably come across. Many say its a 'dangerous' practice and I have no doubt about it if you are not ready. But it helps prevent organ prolapse which naturally occurs as we age. But its one of those exercises that is not basic its probably one of the most advanced of the advanced exercises and if you do it when not ready you could well end up in an early grave. I suppose the big question is how do we know when we are ready.

Lol - why me of all people??? :)

He said himself he was doing hard chi King, I think. I'm imagining, probably not correctly, that he was doing that one where you pressurise everything while squatting down low and bending forward.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby amor on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:04 pm

GrahamB wrote:
Lol - why me of all people??? :)

He said himself he was doing hard chi King, I think. I'm imagining, probably not correctly, that he was doing that one where you pressurise everything while squatting down low and bending forward.

Haha, cuz you The Man G.

No particular reason you brought it up about the colon and I assume someone like you has read widely on all sorts of IMA material whether it's legit. or nonsensical, at least you project this view, on me :)

I'm not sure and I wouldn't know never done anything like that still on 'the fundamentals'. But I'd imagine he had tension somewhere he couldn't feel around that area and probably wasn't aware of it, internal tear ...you know the rest, RIP.
Last edited by amor on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amor
Wuji

Postby mixjourneyman on Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:16 am

If you don't lie prostrate, God's gonna come and smack you in the prostate.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:21 pm

Xxxxxxx
Last edited by Peacedog on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:11 pm

For the record, I have never attached weights to my Johnson. Just saying.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Taste of Death on Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:18 pm

GrahamB wrote:For the record, I have never attached weights to my Johnson. Just saying.

"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:15 pm

Yeung wrote:
Daniel-san wrote:
Yeung wrote:...... when you inhale and contract the lower parts of your body.

Is this a reference to reverse breathing?

Yes, it is not a good idea to generate impacts on the prostate gland by any means.

People use weigh belt to protect their groins in weightlifting and Hung Quan, etc. Alchemist wants to generate heat in the Dantian with reverse breathing for certain reasons such as prostate stimulation, but this is a non weight bearing activities. Maybe groin hernia and retrograde ejaculation are related to pushing downward and contracting the pelvic floor muscles at the same time for male.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:42 am

Last edited by D_Glenn on Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Finny wrote:I always do.

Once I turned a corner, had just farted - naturally contracting the entirety of my lower body.

Out of nowhere, my prostate gland has jumped me.. bashed me over the head, stole my wallet, chain and watch. Then ran off laughing with my spleen in tow.

Beware indeed.

;D
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby meeks on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Taste of Death wrote:
GrahamB wrote:For the record, I have never attached weights to my Johnson. Just saying.

At the 1 minute mark - hard to tell if that's a rope or his pecker's been stretched inadvertently by the concrete roller.... ;)
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Taste of Death on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:52 pm

meeks wrote:
Taste of Death wrote:

At the 1 minute mark - hard to tell if that's a rope or his pecker's been stretched inadvertently by the concrete roller.... ;)

...or by this guy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfu1ZHiMP8
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan