How to practice Tai Chi applications

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: How to practice Tai Chi applications

Postby Bao on Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:32 am

GrahamB wrote:You haven't described anything that makes anything "tai chi".

Then if you really want to discuss what you believe makes Tai Chi eh... Tai Chi, then why don't you start by explaining what you believe makes it Tai Chi?

I doubt you will...

What sort of body movement is required, for example? That's probably where I'd start.

In my post there's description of what kind of body movement that should be there. Then what is missing to make it Tai Chi?

Then after that basic Jin.

What is basic Jin according to you?

But those two things alone would be a massive undertaking to describe in full.

I probably wouldn't attempt it...

.. if you don't care to explain what you mean ... :P

Edit: Never mind. If I come off as defensive, it's merely an expression of frustration of my own lack of ability to verbalize my thoughts properly. Apparently I can't make my points clear or express myself very good. I am not going to discuss these things further. Not now, maybe later. But thank you for painting out weaknesses in what I wrote and challenging the line of my thoughts. I sincerely appreciate that you take time and effort to comment my OP.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:56 am

Bao,

I think if you changed the title of the article to make it sound less all-encompassing it would be fine. Maybe 'some things to think about when practicing tai chi applications' :)
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:11 am

GrahamB wrote:Bao,

I think if you changed the title of the article to make it sound less all-encompassing it would be fine. Maybe 'some things to think about when practicing tai chi applications' :)

Ah... I do understand what you mean... The original blog title was for the search engines and meant for brief visitors to take better notice of the post. I am a marketing guy. :) I'll think about this in the future and try to brush of the commercial me better...
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan