Training in California

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Training in California

Postby 100kilos on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:49 am

Hello to all my rum soaked buddies out there. I just wanted to share some training I have done while I was in California for a week. I want to start off by saying that I am a long distant student under Serge Augier and had the pleasure to have some face to face training with the man himself.

First I would like to thank Serge for taking the time during his vacation to invite me to his home to train. I had some questions for him via email and he invited me to come to California to train and have said questions answered in person. I thought during the week I would at least get 4-5 days of training since he was on vacation with his family. Not only did he train me the whole week, I also had the pleasure to have dinner with him and have him share stories of his training with me.

Training was great as usual. I had another distant learning student there who lives in Cali to train with. Serge gave a lot of two man sets that we practiced after our session with Serge. Also I got a fresh reminder on how hard Serge can hit with seemingly no effort. Also I had the pleasure of having some one on one time with Serge as he explained more about the system and how everything from the meditation to the medicine tie together.

So if any of you where on the fence about learning from Serge through the distant course hopefully this will shine light on how he will go above and beyond to help his students get better. I am grateful to his generosity and his kindness of also letting me use his home as a training ground and temporary storage of my luggage when I had to leave my Airbnb early before my flight. So once again thanks to Serge and Steve for a wonderful trip and experience in California!
100kilos
Anjing

Re: Training in California

Postby 100kilos on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:32 am

If any of you are interested at least to see what is being taught in the distant learning here is a short video about the XingYi distant learning.

https://vimeo.com/178940004
100kilos
Anjing

Postby 100kilos on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:03 pm

Was wondering if any of you guys watched the video? Just looking for feedback about what you guys saw.
100kilos
Anjing

Postby jaime_g on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:09 pm

I'm very curious about Serge's material. Definitely one school that I want to feel someday.
Last edited by jaime_g on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaime_g
Wuji

Postby 100kilos on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Thanks for the reply. Serge is very open. Shoot him an email and you might be able to somehow set up a meeting with him or a student of his. Like I said before he is very open teacher and if you want to feel what he has to offer he has no problem wth it. Hahahahaha!!!
100kilos
Anjing

Postby Ojibwa on Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:13 am

Forgive a daft question but has Serge moved to California ? I thought he lived in Paris?
Ojibwa
Santi

Postby 100kilos on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:31 am

He still lives in Paris. He was on vacation in California. Sorry for the confusion.
100kilos
Anjing

Postby TrainingDummy on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:18 pm

I'm another distance ed student of Serge's and I've got to say he's incredibly generous with his time and is genuinely trying to pass on these arts to anyone who has the time and commitment.

DE is of course no substitute for face to face training, but having a complete training spelt out for you in detail and then being challenged to go train it until it become part of your structure is incredibly liberating.
TrainingDummy
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan