Article about Lam Sang and Southern Mantis

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Article about Lam Sang and Southern Mantis

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:00 am

This article popped up recently on facebook. Possibly one that I have been hearing of for years now, not sure if the same one. Anyhow, the thing is in Chinese, likely Cantonese. Thought of sharing. If there is anyone who wishes to volunteers some, all or the gist of the text - you are most welcome 8-)

This is by the way, to the best of my knowledge, the first article to show a proof of master Henry Pu Yi being a disciple of late Lam Sang. This fact is pretty much obvious to people such as myself who belong to sigung Henry's lineage. However, over the years many martial politicians have claimed sigung Henry to not have been Lam's disciple, which is nonsense. Here he is seen in a 'disciple picture' standing behind Lam Sang alongside fellow disciple and younger gongfu brother, sifu Robert Lee. The latter is also still alive and well. Sifu Lee was late sifu James Cama's teacher.

Last edited by jonathan.bluestein on Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Re: Article about Lam Sang and Southern Mantis

Postby kenneth fish on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:10 am

I believe this was in Xin Wu Xia magazine.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan