Burning palm vs phone book

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Burning palm vs phone book

Postby windwalker on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:34 am

DeusTrismegistus wrote:
I am wondering if its not a longitudinal wave being made somehow. It would probably explain it then.

I should mention, actually I did.
the blood vessels were broken just below the skin, this caused the outline
the effect was not necessarily caused by compression. The pain would radiate and in most cases
it would completely numb out the what ever was struck.....

I do find it strange the ideas put forth by some..
There's a whole "training method" involved
for some one to think they can just do it,,,,seems far fetched to me.

there are some here I believe noted for iron palm training and even have courses
on it...why not for those interested contact them and "train" it.

As to "iron" or "burning" palm I'm not to clear
on the differences others might be better informed.

the point of the phone book,
was that it was a way of testing something with out damaging ones training partner.

Brendan Lai,
a noted mantis teacher I used to train with at one time.

once mentioned to me that he felt the time and effort needed to train "iron palm" was not needed
in todays modern times, also he worried that those he taught might use it in the wrong way...
Another mantis teacher I trained with in Korea, mentioned that they use to crack tombstones
in testing their palm out,,,,,needless to say some people probably where not to happy about
the testing practice
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:28 am

windwalker wrote:as to the clip you posted,,it has little interest for me, no need to comment

I was making a point with it

would you say this falls into the same?

...into the same what?

I notice you and some others didn't question the ability to kill a horse just by slapping :o
or the pic of all the bricks cracked by just a slap by the same teacher

Some of these things I'd need to see/experience before I simply accept it as fact, just because someone wrote it down or told a story. See how things were set up, etc.

maybe this might be something you or some others might want to try,,,,
hell its only a horse what could go wrong ;)

Not sure what that's about
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Gus Mueller on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:55 am

which most of you seem to be interested in.
so what, whats the point,,,

as to the clip you posted,,it has little interest for me, no need to comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syiLl3Tuzes

would you say this falls into the same?

I notice you and some others didn't question the ability to kill a horse just by slapping :o
or the pic of all the bricks cracked by just a slap by the same teacher,,,,neither did the other poster
The same comments made about the breaking video clip could have been also made about the pic...

If some one said they could kill a horse by slapping it, this I would have expected questions
or comments on....maybe this might be something you or some others might want to try,,,,

I'll bite. The stack of bricks photo has always been an obvious fake, and the horse was poisoned or simply killed later, or the story we are hearing is not what seemed to happen at the time, due to embellishment. The idea that they autopsied a horse is ludicrous. Did they run toxicology tests?
Last edited by Gus Mueller on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gus Mueller

Postby Bao on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:40 am

Gus Mueller wrote:
or the pic of all the bricks cracked by just a slap by the same teacher,,,,neither did the other poster
The same comments made about the breaking video clip could have been also made about the pic...

If some one said they could kill a horse by slapping it, this I would have expected questions
or comments on....maybe this might be something you or some others might want to try,,,,

I'll bite. The stack of bricks photo has always been an obvious fake, and the horse was poisoned or simply killed later, or the story we are hearing is not what seemed to happen at the time, due to embellishment. The idea that they autopsied a horse is ludicrous. Did they run toxicology tests?

Bricks... They prepare their own bricks. You can easily manipulate the brick breaking by adding a lot of sand to some of them and less in others. Or you can saw them so they hardly keep together.

Horses... I have never seen anything with horses, but there's the famous Oyama - Bull(shit) story. Look at the famous Oyama vid when he famously chop of a bulls horn. He raises his hand in a distant shoot where you can't even see how his hand land on the horn or if it even touches it. Then there's an insert of a close up how a horn lands on the ground. The first shoot even fades over into the other shot so the picture gets blurred as the hand "touches" the horn. There's absolutely to picture or vid where he really chops of a horn. There is no evidence of horn chopping skills, only of basic editing skills. It's remarkable how easily those "masters" could fake and trick themselves into fame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brHuxeV029E
Last edited by Bao on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Niall Keane on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:07 am

Disclosing the Gealic Secret Art of "Lamh Nimhe".

O.K. as its relevant....

We have a secret art passed down through the clans here in the west of Ireland. The force is spiritual in nature and calls on the help of the Arch-Angels. There is special training involved!

One begins by performing handstands outside of the Knock Shrine and praying 10 rosaries in the posture each day of Lent.
After Easter Sunday, one crawls from Knock to Crough Patrick and arrives there typically in time for the last weekend of July. This is an auspicious time for we continue to suppress the demon Crom Cruach by taking his pilgrimage and making it St. Patrick's.

On arriving at the summit shrine at sunrise on the last Sunday of July one bathes one's hands in the holy water on front of the church and the training is almost complete.

What remains are two tests.

First at the start of Advent one must return to knock and stand before the Bishop of Tuam, who holds a bible to his chest. One recants the Lord's Prayer in Gaelic and strikes with the index and middle finger held together and the ring and little also, so with the thumb making 3 rather than 5 extrusions from the palm, symbolizing and calling on the power of the trinity and the one true god.

The bishop removes his shirt and if there exists this secret palm mark of the trinity on his chest (over the heart to recall the sacred heart and Christ's suffering) then the test is passed and the warrior monk has been shown to possess the power of the Holy Spirit.

Finally before the title of Abbot is conferred upon the monk, a further 10 years must pass, and then the Monk must find a cow having trouble in labour around Samhain / All Saints. The "lamh Nimhe" is used to strike the cow lightly and without damaging any internal organs the Calf is shot out in a single pop!

Only 12 such masters exist at any one time, each holding special apostolic powers besides the "Lamh Nimhe".

This is all true... my grandfather witnessed it back in 1962 and there's a photo of him standing beside the master by a lake out fishing in the late 60's too!!!

Edit...
now I know some of you are probably wondering if my clan the "o'cathain" have it right?

Some clans refer to poison hand as saint hand... the gaelic words sounding similar. But you see as part of the "warrior clan of ulster" the word "cathain" itself meaning warrior, let me tell you the tradition goes way back further than St. Patrick, back to days of Crom himself. The Christians merely did what they always do - build over and appropriate the pagan tradition.

The only real difference in the traditional training being the set out point. Originally it wasn't knock but from "the plain of slaughter", believed to be in Roscommon or sligo so twice as far away as knock. They must have been legendary back then as one didn't crawl but walked on one's hands all the way to the reek (crough Patrick today) .
Also a bishop and bible weren't used but a granite stone and a lesser king.
The lesser king having to prove his ability to withstand the poison hand and so have right to rule.
There were still 12 masters representing the twelve months / major constellations etc. The Pisces palm like being struck by a dead fish, the cancer palm noted for his gripping power etc...

So you see so many simply don't have "it", it can't be described, you need to find someone with "the real", then you will know!

And don't bother going to crough Patrick shan, it's just a Disney land of pilgrims these days. You are better off searching for "it" in belmullet and I've heard rumours about Inis Turk!
Last edited by Niall Keane on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
The Emperor has no clothes on!
Niall Keane
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:32 am

Niall Keane wrote:...with the index and middle finger held together and the ring and little also, so with the thumb making 3 rather than 5 extrusions from the palm

Live long and prosper!

Bao wrote:It's remarkable how easily those "masters" could fake and trick themselves into fame.

Well I wouldn't put it in quotes for Oyama; he was a very tough guy, with or without all them horns and bottles.
Like I said earlier, "real skill mixes with cheap (and sometimes poorly performed) trickery."
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:48 am

Dmitri wrote:
Niall Keane wrote:...with the index and middle finger held together and the ring and little also, so with the thumb making 3 rather than 5 extrusions from the palm

Live long and prosper!

Bao wrote:It's remarkable how easily those "masters" could fake and trick themselves into fame.

Well I wouldn't put it in quotes for Oyama; he was a very tough guy, with or without all them horns and bottles.
Like I said earlier, "real skill mixes with cheap (and sometimes poorly performed) trickery."

Interesting story:

one night in Korea we had a ROK soldier come into our aid station...
His right hand cut deeply to the bone, wrapped in blood soaked rags...
The "KATUSA" Korean Augmentation to the United States Army

on duty with us asked the ROK what happened
The ROK was saying in broken English " I f***k up" over and over again he also had a little to much
soju to drink at the time,,,Lucky for him probably numbed some of the pain.

Through the KATUSA, we found out that he had tried to chop a soju bottle in half.... ;)
Didn't go quite as planned....we sutured his hand up, closing the wound and sent him on his way....

The cut was quite deep requiring subcutaneous sutures not something very easy to do.
Lucky for him, my partner was considered to be very good at it.

I should add, apparently there is a way to chop a bottle top off with out getting cut
and there is a way to do it,,faking it....not something I would recommend trying
either way.

"
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bao on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:06 am

Dmitri wrote:

Sure, Mas Oyama was a big character in every sense. But the question for him is if had he become famous if he didn't know how to put on a good show? I am not questioning his and other's skill. I question that it was their skill that got them into the limelight.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Niall Keane on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:12 am

Dmitri wrote:

Live long and prosper!

beo fada agus rathúil!

here's the main stained class window in the chapel on top of "the reek":

Niall Keane
Wuji

Postby Niall Keane on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:13 am

windwalker wrote:I should add, apparently there is a way to chop a bottle top off with out getting cut
and there is a way to do it,,faking it....not something I would recommend trying
either way.

"

yep! there sure is... with a sword! done it a million times.
Niall Keane
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan