Question regarding don't I liu he...

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Question regarding don't I liu he...

Postby Wuji on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:23 pm

So, I was talking to someone locally who may end up being your teacher. He spoke about how he teaches, and he referenced someone whom I was trying to research. The problem is, the name was in Chinese and i don't remember all of it. Son was in there some where i belirve. We were discussing xinyi liu he, and forms. He referenced this man, about how he stressed making something your own and just mimicking someone. Ill ask him again when I see him but that might be a month. Was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction.
Wuji
Santi

Re: Question regarding don't I liu he...

Postby origami_itto on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:07 am

Liang Tsung Tsai?

"Learn what you can, take the best and make your own way."

(quotes start around 8 minutes or so)
Last edited by origami_itto on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Re: Question regarding don't I liu he...

Postby dspyrido on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:19 pm

Xinyi liu he stresses that the forms are not techniques. They are conditioning routines for power through body coordination, speed, stability and agility. Beyond the conditoning is the animal essence and visualisation of application which is almost like shadow boxing.

In order to prepare for fighting the expectation is to take the drills, know how to apply them and own them (make them your own). This is about sparring, technique practise & thinking about what works. Then drilling what works to become the natural preferred fighting method.
dspyrido
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan