Yu Hua Long videos?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Yu Hua Long videos?

Postby Wuji on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:07 am

I saw some clips and a video I'm interested in buying. Anyone have it? Its with the 10 aninals, some Che stuff, etc. Interested in some opinions before buying.
Wuji
Santi

Re: Yu Hua Long videos?

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:21 pm

You are better off looking into materials by my friend shifu Neil Ripski. He is a disciple of George Xu and direct grand-student of Yu Hualong. Why Neil? Because he's approachable, eager to teach and share, and can explain this system brilliantly in plain English. Further, being that he is also a practitioner of Cheng and Yin style Bagua, as well as Chen Taiji and formerly also practiced Hebei Xing Yi, he can draw a lot of useful comparisons between all of these arts and Yu Hualong's lineage. Great dude, I love him. Not sure whether he has actual DVDs on the system, but sure got lots of video content on his youtube channel relevant to what you're looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlhxK3y_nUa1K7vEaqNUOKbWjcULvR5yB

Oh and if Neil put these 38 minutes of Yu shifu on his own channel (see above), I guess that's public domain these days or that simply no one cares anymore...

http://redjade.weebly.com/xinyiliuhe.html

Do consider that Yu is dead and George Xu is no longer teaching openly.
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby Wuji on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:18 am

Thanks for the response. I found someone who teaches, who was a direct student of Yu Hua Long. So I was trying to take a look at what his xinyi looks like, his lineage, etc. Just checking it out really. Thanks for the information though, ill defiantly go check that out!
Wuji
Santi

Postby Kevin_Wallbridge on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:00 pm

Neil is more my student in Xinyi Liuhe than George's. I am the one who taught him the shapes forms and principles over a few years. We hosted George at an event here and he was very generous with his time and teaching, but he taught no forms or anything style specific.
拳中龙象本能之学
Kevin_Wallbridge
Great Old One

Postby driftwood on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:26 am

Although I don't study with him now, asfaik George Xu is still teaching openly. He's not the kind of man to retire quietly. The passion is too strong. onehand.com china's living treasures- look for the video of George Xu hosted- Qian Zhao Hong's training camp in California. volume 61 and 62 - 18th annual masters of china camp. that is the droid you are looking for.
driftwood
Santi

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan