no greater force, the power of position

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: no greater force, the power of position

Postby Tiga Pukul on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:50 am

Thanks Marvin8 for those videos. The knockout was sweet. Actually quite advanced stuff. Would i want to do that stuff when not protected with gloves and someone wants to knock your head off? Not sure.
For me thats not so much about footwork but changing the weightbalance to your back foot and front foot again, but let's not talk about semantics. Good stuff.

The Machida stuff was great again, i recognize this move as switching of feet which is known in several MA. Trick is to keep the same position as before, which he does, so in my view this is not stepping back.

Quite a lot of boxers do have excellent footwork as well (Mike Tyson comes to my mind), i'm curious about the footwork of IMA. I see a lot of pushhands (with minimum footwork) and forms which show some footwork, but i'm curious of footwork in applications.

Whilst browsing i found this one which shows some footwork, at least they also work on their position (what i like less is that they rely too much on speed):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTlkn638iOU
Tiga Pukul
Huajing

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan