Zhao Yuxiang and Wang Xiliang

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Zhao Yuxiang and Wang Xiliang

Postby jbb73 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:14 pm

Hy there!

Somebody knows these two persons?

Wang Xiliang (王喜亮), Che-Style-Xingyiquan (third Generation) and his disciple Zhao Yuxiang (趙玉祥) (*1943)?

I have an whole article about them in the Japanese Bugei-Magazin, but find nothing in the almighty www. about them...

Thanks!
jbb73
Mingjing

Re: Zhao Yuxiang and Wang Xiliang

Postby nicklinjm on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:26 pm

A little bit of googling in Chinese reveals that Wang Xiliang's Che style comes from one of Che Yizhai's senior disciples, Fan Yongqing (樊永庆). The lineage goes Che Yizhai -> Fan Yongqing -> Yang Yongwei (杨永蔚) -> Wang Xiliang. This is quite an interesting branch for a couple of reasons: (i) Seem to have maintained a fairly complete syllabus of weapons, empty hand forms, zhan zhuang, sparring practices, and (ii) videos from practitioners of this branch (e.g. Yang Yucheng杨玉成, Yang Yongwei's grandson), seem to have very good shenfa with good whole body connection.

Good video of Yang Yucheng here: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzg3MzE1MTU2.html
Last edited by nicklinjm on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby jbb73 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:08 pm

Thank you!
jbb73
Mingjing

Postby MaartenSFS on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:56 pm

He'd be worth checking out. Wasn't convinced by the Piquan, but after that I liked his power.
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan